Tuner Wannabees!

Swarzkopf

forum member
Reaction score
I asked (and I know a few others did also) for a separate sub forum for tuning . More who do it the easier it gets to get help, SCT forum is usually pretty slow and too many platforms on the same forum.

I'd love to see that too.

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
It's not new technology but only a few have access to it. Now everyone can do it by licensing software for $100.

$500 for the hardware, very similar price to other devices of this nature. If you were referring to credits and that is why you said $100, no credits are used to dump/save/view a file.

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
I know, but don't really see too many people dumping a tune just to dump unless they were going to tune.

Eric Brooks

forum member
Reaction score
I wonder if hp will let someone build a base tune from value files based on their mods like sct does? I don't think I'll find out anytime soon as sct Advantage is working just fine for me. If my x3 ever goes out I could see picking up hp. It would be cheaper than buying a new x3 or x4.

Currently there is no system in place to load in changes like a "value file", but that functionality is being added. We have no intentions of packaging files for customers to load in like SCT does. You can make your own, or the community will provide the files.

It does. Eric has said if you have trouble opening the tune, to send it to them and they'll do it for you

There should be no problem reading and opening a tune. The only ones that need to be sent to us are the ones that we have not yet defined.

There are a few tuners that have been making specific changes to their files to keep them from reading out properly. If you have one of those, we will not be fixing it for you. You can have a dealership reflash the PCM with a stock calibration in this situation, and then start from there.

Can they even support datalogging yet?

There's going to be a lot of copying of tunes and claiming they wrote it.

We support generic pids on Fords currently, DMR support will be included in the 2.25 Scanner program. It is already in development.

We do not sell tunes. We sell tools used for custom tuning. We aren't in competition with our dealers selling canned tunes. Our goal is to make the best tools in the business.

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
There are a few tuners that have been making specific changes to their files to keep them from reading out properly.

AKA editing the header to show a different strategy than it actually is. Just in case anyone wants to fix it themselves. :hi:

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Currently there is no system in place to load in changes like a "value file", but that functionality is being added. We have no intentions of packaging files for customers to load in like SCT does. You can make your own, or the community will provide the files.

There should be no problem reading and opening a tune. The only ones that need to be sent to us are the ones that we have not yet defined.

There are a few tuners that have been making specific changes to their files to keep them from reading out properly. If you have one of those, we will not be fixing it for you. You can have a dealership reflash the PCM with a stock calibration in this situation, and then start from there.

We support generic pids on Fords currently, DMR support will be included in the 2.25 Scanner program. It is already in development.

We do not sell tunes. We sell tools used for custom tuning. We aren't in competition with our dealers selling canned tunes. Our goal is to make the best tools in the business.

So I'd guess users should stick to injectors with data available like the FRPP ones or be prepared to tune them. IMO the big one will be throttle bodies. My hat goes off to any tuner who can make a custom throttle body work without having a premade file.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
I have been using this on my car and have nothing but good things to say about it. Looking forward to the enhanced logging so I can leave the laptop out of the car when I need to capture data. It's a game changer for those interested in doing their own tuning and is easy to use.

Once I have a few files put together (with my own customization) I'll add them to the HP Tuner's repository.

Part of me getting started with this was to put together a spreadsheet for various fuels. e10, e85, non-ethanol based unleaded, etc... I will be adding various race fuels to it as well. In a nutshell it contains lambda, stoich, and a few other items that may be critical to help those new to tuning.

Eric Brooks

forum member
Reaction score
I have been using this on my car and have nothing but good things to say about it. Looking forward to the enhanced logging so I can leave the laptop out of the car when I need to capture data. It's a game changer for those interested in doing their own tuning and is easy to use.

Once I have a few files put together (with my own customization) I'll add them to the HP Tuner's repository.

Part of me getting started with this was to put together a spreadsheet for various fuels. e10, e85, non-ethanol based unleaded, etc... I will be adding various race fuels to it as well. In a nutshell it contains lambda, stoich, and a few other items that may be critical to help those new to tuning.

Glad you are liking it!

Corpo

I
Reaction score
Well I'm at a point with my car where no one will touch it over email. So either I learn, or I let a local yahoo do it. And I don't trust any of the local tooners here. Not saying I will do any better, but at least if I break it I can't blame anyone but myself. I'm ok with that.

So, brings me to my point, how much am I looking to spend on hptuners vs pro racer? Or should I go that road? I have a xcal 3 already.

Or has anyone tried the sniper software mentioned? Cost?

A buddy of mine is thinking of getting hptuners for his cobalt. Can we split the cost and share it?

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
I will be getting my supercharger installed and tuned by someone using the hp system (mostly gm shop). they were recommended by my buddy chris who has the silver terminator from the American muscle shootouts. he uses the hp software and is looking to make 1000 whp this summer

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back