Tuning day from hell..

Stage1

forum member
Reaction score
Maybe some of you guys can help me out. I have been working with Lito all day long. We have went through 3 tunes already each one pulling out more fuel. Heres the the details Lito sent me my first tune, the car started right up but was running super rich. I just wanted to start it up just to check for any leaks. Found one of my headers had a crack in it. So I ordered a new set and installed them. The car would only start for a second and shut off. I tried holding my foot all the way down to shut off the injectors. Too late it fouled the stock plugs, spoke with Lito again he sent me another tune (a much leaner tune) Intalled my HTO plugs it ran for a second and would not re-start. Fouled the plugs again, I removed then spun over the engine to clear it out. Cleaned the plugs and re-installed them again. Same thing happened again fouled the plugs.. Lito sent me another tune, it loaded fine but with I went to load it in the car it says CRC something and invailid stock size. It will not let me return the car to stock either.. I cant data log anything for him because I cant get it run long enough. Sorry about all the rambling.. I know Lito knows what he's doing but Im I missing something?

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Maybe you are missing something simple. I'd recheck the injector part number and make sure you have the correct maf and tube size.

What are the mods? Have you tried to clear codes and then return to stock?

Stage1

forum member
Reaction score
Maybe you are missing something simple. I'd recheck the injector part number and make sure you have the correct maf and tube size.

What are the mods? Have you tried to clear codes and then return to stock?

Mods are Vortech V-2 converted to Blow thru with A2A. FRRP intake, 39lbs Injectors, pypes LT's with matching x pipe. PMAS Maf sensor in a 3inch tube. The flow arrow going towards the TB. It just seems super heavy on the fuel and now I have know Idea what the hell it doing now. I will see about clearing the codes.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Mods are Vortech V-2 converted to Blow thru with A2A. FRRP intake, 39lbs Injectors, pypes LT's with matching x pipe. PMAS Maf sensor in a 3inch tube. The flow arrow going towards the TB. It just seems super heavy on the fuel and now I have know Idea what the hell it doing now. I will see about clearing the codes.

Is this the first time it's been started after the mods? Are the injectors blue? Can you get the part number off of the injectors? Were the parts new or used?

Stage1

forum member
Reaction score
Whe I try to load the tune the X2 reads Invaild stock CRC. When I try to return it back to stock it says ECM unlock fail

Stage1

forum member
Reaction score
Is this the first time it's been started after the mods? Are the injectors blue? Can you get the part number off of the injectors? Were the parts new or used?

Yes this was the first time it was started with these mods, plus I put the stock motor back in the car. The injectors were used I got them off another member here. I will see if I can get the numbers of them. The injectors are blue.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Whe I try to load the tune the X2 reads Invaild stock CRC. When I try to return it back to stock it says ECM unlock fail

I'm not sure but I think that means the strategy between the tune and computer don't match. Have you asked lito about it?

Edit: Can you confirm that the maf is a pmas hpx? Is it marked in some manner?

michael.konor

forum member
Reaction score
When you installed the LT's, did you extend the 02 sensor wires? If so, are you sure you got left-left and right-right installed correctly, as well as good extenders?

What do your short term fuel trims look like?

Stage1

forum member
Reaction score
I didnt have to extend them, I removed them from one header to the new header one at a time. I havent even got a chance to look at those yet.

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
Ryan, sorry Brother! Exact thing I'm scared of, about doing a build..good luck getting it going!

Stage1

forum member
Reaction score
Ryan, sorry Brother! Exact thing I'm scared of, about doing a build..good luck getting it going!

Thats the breaks brother, I think I may have given Lito wrong info on something. I will get it right. What ever the problem is im sure its my fault. Manuel has been outstanding thus far. I think I may have found the problem.. I sent him an email to confirm..

Last edited:

klaw

forum member
Reaction score
Make sure your FRPS sensor connector is seated properly. I've seen these cars over fuel if the ECU doesn't get the proper FRPS sensor data.

michael.konor

forum member
Reaction score
Thats the breaks brother, I think I may have given Lito wrong info on something. I will get it right. What ever the problem is im sure its my fault. Manuel has been outstanding thus far. I think I may have found the problem.. I sent him an email to confirm..

Could easily happen if you don't detail each and every performance modification you've got installed, no matter how small.

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
I was there myself. Hell my setup It started seemed rich then died. I held it to the floor nothing. Disconnected injectors still nothing pulled plugs cleaned them nothing spent all day doing that over and over. I kept thinking there is no way in hell this thing wouldn't fire at all. Then realized when I turned the key on the fuel pump was not running. I had blown a inline fuse running by the boostapump and fuel pump. Changed it and magically started up. Lito had sent me several tunes as well as I thought it was super rich

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
If I could tell you how manyheadaches I caused Lito because of my faulty instalations .... lol, check everything step by step.

Stage1

forum member
Reaction score
Im going to go back over everything again. Thanks for all your input . I thought I gave him the wrong stragey code but he emailed me back and said it was correct . So it has to be something else .

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That CRC error could be a corrupted tune file. Try loading it onto the tuner again from the computer.

(CRC stands for "Cyclic Redundancy Check," which is basically how a computer verifies that a file/message/etc doesn't have errors in it.)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back