Tuning resources

Switchback

Reaction score
Since most if not all engine/performance mods need a tune, I'd like to learn as much as possible before starting my upgrades. Is it better to go with at home tuners, or just drive over to a tuning shop. I live on the west side of Michigan snd know there are some good mustang tuners in the Jackson-Detroit area. Really looking for a 101 class in tuning mustangs, so if anyone has some good literature resources that would be awesome.

2010' GT 4.6L Man. Trans.

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
It's really up to you. I've been tuning my own car for a few years. I had issues with a couple of pros and decided to do it myself. It's been nice because I've changed my set up a few times over the years. I didn't have to pay for a retune each time. I took care of it myself. But not everyone wants to deal with that part of modding.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Grubb

forum member
Reaction score
Learning to tune your own car is not very feasible. A reputable tuner has went through all the trial and error and have tuned hundreds of cars successfully. Buy a handheld tuner, like SCT, have a laptop available for data logging and contact a reputable tuner. Everyone has their opinion but for me Bama was a waste of time and money and Lito is the man! Hit Lito up on here, his prices are very reasonable and he's not just great at tuning he has great advise on upgrades that are worth the money and ones that are a waste of time.

Since most if not all engine/performance mods need a tune, I'd like to learn as much as possible before starting my upgrades. Is it better to go with at home tuners, or just drive over to a tuning shop. I live on the west side of Michigan snd know there are some good mustang tuners in the Jackson-Detroit area. Really looking for a 101 class in tuning mustangs, so if anyone has some good literature resources that would be awesome.

2010' GT 4.6L Man. Trans.

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
Learning to tune your own car is not very feasible. A reputable tuner has went through all the trial and error and have tuned hundreds of cars successfully. Buy a handheld tuner, like SCT, have a laptop available for data logging and contact a reputable tuner. Everyone has their opinion but for me Bama was a waste of time and money and Lito is the man! Hit Lito up on here, his prices are very reasonable and he's not just great at tuning he has great advise on upgrades that are worth the money and ones that are a waste of time.
You might want to tell those of us that have learned to tune how it's not feasible. You just have to have the desire to learn.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

Switchback

Reaction score
I definitely want to learn, even if I don't do it myself I want to be able at least know what I'm talking about when talking to the pros. Nothing more annoying that working with sa noob that has no idea what they need/ want lol.

2007grabberGT

forum member
Reaction score
Can't contribute too much to the thread, but welcome fellow west michigander! Muskegon here. .

travelers

Reaction score
That is a good book, I have it. I also spent a few more bucks and got the The Coyote Cookbook the HP tuners software version from LaSorta Racing Technologies. They also have a SCT version.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back