Turbo Numbers

Kalatrax

forum member
Reaction score
Finally posting up. Finished my turbo install. 67mm journal bearing comp turbo with a .68 ar, On3 hotside, custom cold side, 405 walbro, 47lb frpp injectors, hpx maf, and tuned by Chris Groves at Dyno Edge here in Albuquerque. Thanks to Jeremy for the turbo and fuel pump! Made decent power and pulls strong. Still on the stock short block though.
Red is stock, blue is with the comp mutha thumpr cams, green is the 9psi pull.

dyno1_zpszkkk9lb1.jpg.html

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looking good with stock bottom.

Kalatrax

forum member
Reaction score
We made sure to keep it nice and fat. 18 degrees of timing so not too crazy there either. You can see at the end a little drop. It picked up knock and pulled a few degrees. I adjusted the up and down pipes that were vibrating on the rad support and fixed that issue though.

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is that with the cams? Also, what gears are you running?

Excellent torque curve, have fun with it.

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No, the cams are gone. That is with 4.10's which are soon to be gone as well.

I put 3.55's back in my car and regret it, it was faster with the 4.10's. I lost 3+ mph of trap speed with the only other change being a locker after I grenaded the spider gears at the track.
Just run a 28" tire at the track and keep the 4.10's

I've got a powerhouse turbo kit and the car made 488rwhp/441 ft/lbs and went from 11.7's at 119-121 with the 4.10's and 11.9's and 12.0's at 116.xx with the 3.55's. With more seat time I'm pretty sure I would have been in the 11.5's with the 4.10's. The only reason I'm keeping the 3.55's is that I will build my short block this winter and with the extra power it will be about right, in the meantime, I'll buy a set of 26" tires so that I can actually use 4th gear for more than a second in the 1/4 mile.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Most turbo guys see the exact ooposite and run faster and trap higher with the lower gears, every setup is different though and trans, tire height and shift rpm etc will come into play. Also the 3.55 with a 28" tire let you trap in the top of third without shifting to 4th.

Marble

forum member
Reaction score
Most turbo guys see the exact ooposite and run faster and trap higher with the lower gears, every setup is different though and trans, tire height and shift rpm etc will come into play. Also the 3.55 with a 28" tire let you trap in the top of third without shifting to 4th.

That was my experience too. I switched to 3.55 and dropped ET and gained mph. I don't recall exactly what the gains were but they were significant.

JeffS197

forum member
Reaction score
would be great to see a complete mod list if you have it handy!

are these numbers at the flywheel or at the wheels?

what kind of dyno was it? what kind of fuel did you run?

it must be a ton of fun to drive.

do you think it will last for very long at 9psi on the stock shortblock?

Kalatrax

forum member
Reaction score
would be great to see a complete mod list if you have it handy!

are these numbers at the flywheel or at the wheels?

what kind of dyno was it? what kind of fuel did you run?

it must be a ton of fun to drive.

do you think it will last for very long at 9psi on the stock shortblock?

Aside from the aforementioned mods, cmpd's, dual 3" turbo back with resonators, 1 piece drive shaft, and lakewood drag shocks. That was at the wheels on a dynojet on 91 octane. I think it will last just fine with the tune it has now. The stock clutch might not lol.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back