Turbo Saleen final steps

Saleen S281

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, had a but if a hiccup today. Cel p0340 came up, cleared it up and hasn't come back yet. Apparently its a sign that the alternator is on is way out. The car seems fine, drives fine, looks like things are starting to crap out, which is normal for a 7-8 year old car. I'll post more vids as I get them. Btw, this happened to my wife as she was shopping in Houston (90 miles away) so getting a call about a cel isn't fun, lucky, I've taught her well and as soon as she got it, she got off the throttle and pulled over safely. I still have my xcal in there so i walked her through to get the code and clear it. Drove fine all the way home. I can see why there's great interest in just getting a new five-oh... Not gonna do it though, pulling for my 3v brothers!!

Saleen S281

forum member
Reaction score
Btw, I had to ask..."Did you go into boost on your way there?" Her response..."well...i might have...ok I did, couldn't help it.." Don't blame her one bit...

Turbostangs90

forum member
Reaction score
You should roll it out one evening when we are both off, and we can have the RUK guys make some vids. 2 sweet black turbo 3v's!

Saleen S281

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds good, should be some good runs. Just need to datalog it and get my final tune on 8#. I'm off Monday so I can do the log then.

Saleen S281

forum member
Reaction score
Well, tried to do a log this morning, got the laptop and Livelink to play nice with each other, and it started raining... I will say this, the boost controller works very nice. With the dial turned up about half way, it shoots straight up to 8 psi and stays there. The Prosport gauges have a peak future that will recall the highest it's been. My wife says she's ready fur the final tune@ 8.5-9 psi, lol

Saleen S281

forum member
Reaction score
I hope so, I'm off this weekend coming up, you're working days aren't you? Hopefully my tune is ready for a few runs.

Saleen S281

forum member
Reaction score
Well, I Figured I'd Give An Update On My Build. Everything Is Still Running Good, No Issues. I Went To The Track To Do Some Datalog Pulls For Lito. One Thing, Michelin Pilot SPort Are Great Street Tires, But They Definitely Aren't Made For The Drag Strip. I Have To EasE It Out Of The Hole To Avoid Crazy WheelSpin. If I Go Wot In Second, It Breaks THem Loose Again, So I Have To Pedal It. Third Feels Good, But By THe End Of Third, I'm At The End Of The Track. Best Run Was A 12.7 @ 115. With A Crappy 2.2 60Ft Time. This Was Not My Final Tune And Running @9# Of BoOst. I've Been Able To Get 1.82 60Ft Times On The STock Clutch, N/a On 555R Tires On The Factory 20' Heavy Saleen Chrome Wheels, So I Know I Can Cut At Least That With Better Tires. The Car Is In The Shop Right Now GettIng A New Paint JoB. Whe I Get The Car Back, I'll Have AN Adjustsble PanHardBar And A Set Of Cortex LCA & Relocation Brackets To Install. My Next Step Is To Get A Few More Logs For Lito So I CaN Get My Final Tune.
I Was Going To Get A Wotbox But It's Useless Right Now Till I Get Better Tires/Wheels.

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
ha ha was just reading this thread and saw the link in here. Snag em up trying to clear some room out in the garage Nice car btw

Saleen S281

forum member
Reaction score
ha ha was just reading this thread and saw the link in here. Snag em up trying to clear some room out in the garage Nice car btw

Thanks! I Have Maintenance Parts I Need To Replace On My Car And My wife's Tahoe First,glws Muztangman.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back