Turbo ... What rpm should I shift at??

killswitch06GT

forum member
Reaction score
I have a 06 with on3 70mm turbo on 8 psi. I've been shifting at about 6k rpm but not sure where I should really shift. What are you other turbo guys reving to?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Depends on where you make power, where's your dyno sheet

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Keep it at 6k rpms if your on the stock block, 6-8psi with a turbo is alot of hp/tq. Dont want to send a stock rod through the block by revving her up too high.

Saleen S281

forum member
Reaction score
What about hwy pulls? What rpm, gear, speed is best? Not trying to hijack the thread but I think this is also important. Congrats on the turbo, can't wait for mine to be done.

killswitch06GT

forum member
Reaction score
What about hwy pulls? What rpm, gear, speed is best? Not trying to hijack the thread but I think this is also important. Congrats on the turbo, can't wait for mine to be done.

Np I'm interested to hear as well.

killswitch06GT

forum member
Reaction score
It really annoys me how weak our rods are... Other than the rods are there any other weak spots? I hear the crank can handle 700whp. I'm Half hearted to just throw in some h beams and a kellog crank and just go.

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
Dont wanna use those hyper pistons for high boost. You have to have the whole engine apart to do rods, do it right the first time

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
What speed are you at after you top 4th and go into 5th? I feel i am going fast enough before then on the street, and a track isnt that long. Maybe its an urban myth, but i dont have a need to go wot in 55h and dont plan to

ctt326

Brenspeed Hater
Reaction score
I'm around 120ish at the end of 3rd gear WOT and I won't go faster than that on the highway.

Saleen S281

forum member
Reaction score
I meant if you happen to be in Mexico and a Vette wants to go @60mph. I wouldn't think you'd deep it to second, more like third at 3500 rpm right? I know it depends on gearing too though.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back