Turbo ... What rpm should I shift at??

killswitch06GT

forum member
Reaction score
It's had to have been done before. I know ppl with terminator that have done it. What's the fastest any of u guys have gone? I can't be the only guy that wants to go fast.

I see a hole in your block in near future

Now that I'm aware I won't be touching 5th anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mustangsam05

forum member
Reaction score
You should buy mindifismokes shortblock and rebuild that if you want to keep doing 5 th gear WOT runs lol.

Implosive_disgorgence

forum member
Reaction score
I assume this is mostly for 5 speeds with longer gears? I've done a decent amount of 5th gears pulls to 7k with 373s with my 6 speed.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
6 speed is a bit different. I hit 130mph in 3rd gear with 3.55s. I dont even get to use 4th gear at the track let alone ever need 5th or 6th.

Axton_118

forum member
Reaction score
188 mph...but that was on my 07 ZX10-R. I had about 5k more RPM to go until redline too but i felt the speed and that was enough for me...

Axton_118

forum member
Reaction score
Its chit chat right? He was talking about wanting to go fast...if he wants to go that fast just get a bike and don't blow your car up. :beer:. :motorbike::jerkoff:

Full_Tilt

forum member
Reaction score
There is no reason why you cant boost in 5th gear with proper tuning.
There are gearing compensation tables with various parameters, one of which is retarding ignition based on what gear you are in.

Regardless, if you cant be bothered to listen for detonation, you shouldnt have a car fitted with an aftermarket turbocharger system in the first place.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back