Turbosmart Eboost2 Vs. AMS-500 ?

Towelly

forum member
Reaction score
I know there are some here running the Eboost2 already but is anyone running the AMS500?

AMS-500
http://www.ams1000.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=62&Itemid=65

Eboost 2
http://www.turbosmartonline.com/index.php?id=42

The AMS-500 is around $500 and the Eboost2 is around $530. I am really looking for anyone with experience using the AMS-500 as I have had the chance to play around with a Eboost2 already. I like the Eboost2 but I also like what I have read so far about the AMS unit. Being about to adjust boost in 1psi increments and they advertise it will hold with .1psi of target at all times.

Thanks in advance.

Jake

Meister

forum member
Reaction score
These are both really amazing boost controllers and among the best in the industry.

Remember one of the great benefits people see with the AMS is that they are using a C02 controller. You just use a Co2 bottle set at 50psi or so as your supply source. This gives you a wider range of control. You can run a very light spring in the gate with boost reference to the bottom port and then use the Co2 with boost controller to the top port.

You have better control of the gate when using an external source for pressure rather than waiting on the turbo to generate the pressure.

With CO2 or an external pressure source you control the WG/s without every building boost. You many need control and not have boost. Also you many need more control than you have available boost. So with more 10-15 psi than available than boost pressure allows you to control your gates.

We use the Eboost 2 in a lot of street cars because they work amazing, have a ton of advanced features which you can setup like time based boost, gear based used (would require a micro switch, etc). It all depends on what you are doing, where you want to mount the controller, if you want a digital read-out to see stuff like boost, peak boost, having multiple settings, etc

e-Boost2 allows the user to control, monitor, map and compensate boost. But e-Boost2 is a lot more than just a boost controller – it can also control water spray, methanol or nitrous injection, manage shift/warning lights and read/monitor RPM. While e-Boost2 is fitted with a state-of-the art software, it has been designed to be easy and logical to use.

The eboost has features to increase the performance and response from your engine without even raising the maximum boost level. e-Boost controllers allow the user to control 3 different aspects of the boost curve; the maximium boost pressure, the spool up rate of the turbocharger and the reaction time of the controller

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back