Twin Snail Build...

dragpac

forum member
Reaction score
looks like your taking the time you need to get the results you want.great job so far and keep us posted.

dragpac

forum member
Reaction score
great build so far,I went to Lebanon valley last fall but it got rained out.whats up with you and 666?

1BADHRSE

forum member
Reaction score
looks like your taking the time you need to get the results you want.great job so far and keep us posted.
great build so far,I went to Lebanon valley last fall but it got rained out.whats up with you and 666?

Yea Hopefully I will get around what I want...

Nice Sig! Maybe I will see you at English town or Island this season lol

I met 666 up at lebanon one day and he had far less mods and much less hp running faster times lol...

dragpac

forum member
Reaction score
if we meet up I'll give you a few pointers that might help with the driver mod.I always like the underdog.lol

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
I just need my motor to last through summer and fall cause next winter I am going to build her for some boost

lol,when i did mine i said the same thing,i just need it to last about a year,then ill be tired of the 446hp and build a motor to up the boost,it lasted 8 days,lol.11psi later it was toast!

there will always be that guy (nastystang) that will tell you how hes been running more for longer than everyone else,lol,im happy for him.id say hes the exception to the rule.i would not push it till you get it built.my issues was too much heat and too much back pressure,which it very critical on a turbo set up.

are you planning to upgrade the exhaust? it made a world of difference wheni switched out from pypes mid muffler to magnaflow 3"

(btw...nastystang...dont get offended,lol,it was a joke!)

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Willy is leaving out a very critical part out, he should tell everyone WHY his motor blew up.

BTW: Not offended at all.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Willy is leaving out a very critical part out, he should tell everyone WHY his motor blew up.

BTW: Not offended at all.

only reason i have really come up with is just from beating the shit out of it at the track,florida heat,11psi and too much back pressure...i think those conditions made the rods a tad warm!! fuel was good,tune was good.it was the #8 rod which is prone to get hotter quicker.

1BADHRSE

forum member
Reaction score
So what I am gathering from all this info is;

Firstly stay below 10psi
Secondly make sure all systems are in check
And thirdly don't beat the shit out her daily anymore?
Lol

Willy where did all the heat come from... Should I be worried cause I have a snail on both sides of the motor...

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
So what I am gathering from all this info is;

Firstly stay below 10psi
Secondly make sure all systems are in check
And thirdly don't beat the shit out her daily anymore?
Lol

Willy where did all the heat come from... Should I be worried cause I have a snail on both sides of the motor...

i think most of my heat was coming from too restrivtive of a downpipe. on my original design i was using a 2.5" pipe from the turbo back to where it y'ed into the 2.5" dual exhaust. i hooked a boost gauge up to my exhaust too see what kind of back pressure i was seeing with that pipe. @ 10psi of boost to the intake,i was seeing 30# of pressure in the exhaust,which is not good at all, idealy you want to be between 1-1.5 ratio, so if you have 10 psi in the intake your only seeing between 10-15 pounds of pressure in the exhaust.so there was a big part of it for my car. at the track that day, i got in 8-9 runs, the last few where almost back to back.i was normally running 9 psi and was using a turbonetics 38mm wastegate. on that last run i checked the boost controller and it spiked up to 11.4 psi. after doing some research i found that alot of people had problems with the turbonetics 38mm wastegate because by design they dont fully open all the way to 38mm. so i switched it out for a 44mm.

my current back pressure is around 1.5 ratio by adding the 3" downpipe and also switching to 3" magnflow exhaust. im also venting my wastegates to the atmosphere now, right up front using a small glasspak muffler,sounds bad ass when it opens up!!

1BADHRSE

forum member
Reaction score
You just keep getting me more worried... I may have to fab up my own exhaust being as I am running the Cervinis side exhaust which is not Ideal at all... The down pipe on the back right turbo is very restrictive and if thats not enough it is 2.5 exhaust all the way back into a 180degree U to transition out the side....

dam....

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
You just keep getting me more worried... I may have to fab up my own exhaust being as I am running the Cervinis side exhaust which is not Ideal at all... The down pipe on the back right turbo is very restrictive and if thats not enough it is 2.5 exhaust all the way back into a 180degree U to transition out the side....

dam....

you need to weld in a 1/8th inch bung just before each turbo between the turbo and manifold,closest to the turbo. then once you get it running,hook up a boost gauge to each side and see what you get.you may be fine with 2 turboes and running 2 downpipes.

1BADHRSE

forum member
Reaction score
you need to weld in a 1/8th inch bung just before each turbo between the turbo and manifold,closest to the turbo. then once you get it running,hook up a boost gauge to each side and see what you get. you may be fine with 2 turboes and running 2 downpipes.

Ok I will have to do that, I want to be as safe as possible... I also have to figure out what spring is in these built in waste gates from the factory...
You just reminded me I still have to get a boost gauge, there So dam expensive....

1BADHRSE

forum member
Reaction score
New ecu mount is done!!!! Just has to be powder coated black!
252a98d0.jpg

b8d8cffd.jpg

started mounting up the front mount... May have to remove my fogs???

fc02386d.jpg

f20ba1e0.jpg

Wicked One

forum member
Reaction score
What the hell Joe????

The secret is out. Good job man, I gotta get up to your house and check it out. Bring that bitch to the mountain this season. I will pay for your yearly pass so you don't have to park in the "spectators" area.

Talk later bro.

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Great build you got going on. I, with some help from our local club, are strongly leaning towards a track rental day at LVD. I will post up if we do.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back