Twin Snail Build...

1BADHRSE

forum member
Reaction score
Well guys figure i would revive this thread to give some insight to what the car has been up to and what is going to be happening...

15,000+ Miles later car is still running very STRONG! I haven't had any motor problems, just a head gaskets leak i have had from the beginning. Hasn't really effected much other then some overheating issues during humid or hot days. The car has burnt minimal amounts of oil, maybe a quart a month...

Don't think for a second this car has been babied at all, every time driven the car has taken a beating to redline or more. "Why build it, if your not going to enjoy it right"? I blew the transmission in this fun and had it rebuilt.

So wil that said; I knew I was in for some problems down the road. I EXPECTED this car to last one season and then POP... She has surprised me and my buddy and i take everyday as a gift that she starts.

500whp-500wht on a Mustang Dyno spiking to 13-14psi....

I was so certain she was going to pop that I bought a blown shortblock to build along with heads. They sat for a year pulse now!

Beginning of this year I bought Everything needed for my motor build this winter.
I am going to Itemize everything i bought and throw it up here for you guys but to start with:

- 302 stroker kit Forged Crank and Rods
- Diamond Pistons .20 over 8:5:1 compression
- Stainless rings
- Arp Head Studs
- Arp Mains
- Canton 7-8lb Pan and Windage
- Meizeres Electric W/p
- Melling Billet Oil pump

I cannot think of the tons of other stuff i have sitting in my garage right now... But the last thing I am looking into right now is some custom grinds from Comp with the springs retainers and such to go along...

268596_2125114364346_1140482643_32548950_6725934_n.jpg

309547_10150319115457391_203207442390_8550747_697239139_n.jpg

315798_10150319114257391_203207442390_8550720_1951306191_n.jpg

317293_10150319116057391_203207442390_8550752_2143126715_n.jpg

Last edited:

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
Just read this entire thread. Great build and awesome car! Can't believe the engine is lasting that good at those boost levels, hell I am afraid to go to 8psi on mine.

1BADHRSE

forum member
Reaction score
Just read this entire thread. Great build and awesome car! Can't believe the engine is lasting that good at those boost levels, hell I am afraid to go to 8psi on mine.

Thanks man! Yea it is truly a wonder, and if it was to blow tonight while driving i would be thankful it lasted this long... Built Ford Tough.

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
You still have the HR cams in? I am wanting to throw a set of those in my car.

INTRUDER

Reaction score
Car looks great...
I have been following your thread for a while, thanks for all you info and input.
I am building a custom TWIN TURBO myself.
?QUESTION?
The intake tube going into the throttle body?
What is the source?
Is it aftermarket or custom made?
Thanks again

1BADHRSE

forum member
Reaction score
Car looks great...
I have been following your thread for a while, thanks for all you info and input.
I am building a custom TWIN TURBO myself.
?QUESTION?
The intake tube going into the throttle body?
What is the source?
Is it aftermarket or custom made?
Thanks again

Yes it is completely custom made, I did use a Mass Air Flow sense hub from a cheap spectre intake unit. Just cut it out and tigged it in... I believe there is a couple pictures of us making it.

1BADHRSE

forum member
Reaction score
Well Turns out I must have killed my rear ring and pinion, have been getting a nasty thumping/ringing. When i pull it apart I will post pictures. Decided to order this:
660d107b.jpg

Ford Racing Hardened 3.73s! My 4.10s were great for NA application but with the power at the wheels i just was never given the chance to grip. Hopefully the 3.73s give me that as well as more top end.

Now onto the build!

Well a while ago I bought a blown block on here from "yur2slo" and just had it sitting under my deck while I contemplated what I wanted to do. Last week I decided I was going to build the motor out of the car then swap the motors!

Pulled it apart
5bd5d3d1.jpg

792fb310.jpg

Don't recall what cylinder this was.
6c376f82.jpg

I dropped it off at the machine shop last week so I Stopped by earlier today to check out what was going on and here is some more pictures.

bd466bf3.jpg

8ff42282.jpg

05f6f977.jpg

Everything is bored 30 over an cleaned up great now they have moved onto balancing the bits and pieces :) !!!

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Just read the entire thread while bored at work.
Damn this car is a beast. If only i had the cash just laying around for me to throw into this.
Id be to paranoid and want to build the lower block while assembling turbo.

Maybe one day...

1BADHRSE

forum member
Reaction score
Just read the entire thread while bored at work.
Damn this car is a beast. If only i had the cash just laying around for me to throw into this.
Id be to paranoid and want to build the lower block while assembling turbo.

Maybe one day...

Thank you man!
If you build it yourself and just slowly pile the parts up and eventually just do everything at once it really doesn't put a huge strain on your cash. You don't see the real numbers till you add it up later. I am 22 and definitely not made of money that is certain. You just sacrifice other commodities to dump into your car lol.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Already doing that lol.
Bought gt500 wheel/tire set from am. Just paypal'd for rear frpp springs.
Have smoked corners, tail, new blackout.
Will need a new panhard and lca's soon.
And a steeda intake waiting for me to buy a tuner

1BADHRSE

forum member
Reaction score
Lookin good!

Thanks man...
I have a quick question regarding bottom end assembly:
Do I use any type of lock tight or seal on OEM cross mounted main cap bolts? I have a brand new set I am just unsure of what to use with the install.

Already doing that lol.
Bought gt500 wheel/tire set from am. Just paypal'd for rear frpp springs.
Have smoked corners, tail, new blackout.
Will need a new panhard and lca's soon.
And a steeda intake waiting for me to buy a tuner

ha ha Thats exactly how i started off...! Good luck it will suck you in...

jafo111

Reaction score
1badhrse,

It was your videos in this thread that made me put this kit at the top of my list, love the look and sound. Would you stick with this kit if you did it again? Do you have any pics of the lower half of the cold side work you did?

Badass!

Dave

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back