Twin Twins

Raeko

forum member
Reaction score
Happy to hear some results here. Hopefully we get to see a vid soon. What size turbos did you go with?

my07silvergt

HOLD ON TO YOUR PANTIES
Reaction score
After riding in a TT 3v I have now decided 100% I'll be getting a tt kit for mine asap. It's going to be a while before I can make this happen but it's going to happen. The sound, spool, and pull of this tt kit is phenomenal.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thats awesome! I'm happy for you having it on the road once more. I know its been a while.

saleen07gt

forum member
Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to twins also but I'm in the forgeing of the bottom. You gotta review this kit for us, give us some details on how it feels to drive it on the street. I'm seriously considering this kit

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Thats awesome! I'm happy for you having it on the road once more. I know its been a while.

That's what happens when you work on other people's cars..from gear installs to 'kenne-bell installations', I tend to put my needs after others', and get my shit done when I can get to it. But now that I have no day-job, I'll get mine completed very soon, too.

I'm really looking forward to twins also but I'm in the forgeing of the bottom. You gotta review this kit for us, give us some details on how it feels to drive it on the street. I'm seriously considering this kit
:highfive:
Sure will. It will be from the perspective of an automatic, though.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Twins are more suited for an automatic car, unless you have a big motor (bore/stroke) or go smaller on the turbo's a manual car wont spool them up as fast. The twin 62's wont start to shine until 800rwhp+,17-18psi+. This kit is definitely not for a stock motor unless you went down to 44-46mm turbos and still single kit will still likely be a better choice.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Twins and autos are a HELL of a combination! My buddy has a 2014, stock motor and stock auto, has the world record for stock coyote motor, 9.1 with a hellion TT 62mm kit. I'm sure he will hit 8's any day now.....

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Just a little update, as it has been awhile.
All I can say is... HOLY SHIT!

And kudos to Manuel (aka Lito), for the excellent tuning :beer:

The signature someone has about "I want my car to go so fast it scares the shit out of me"...well, this is one such car now..at least to me and until I get more used to it.

I'm just running a mild 15+ psi of boost right now, but when those babies spin up and kick in that power, just pucker-up them cheeks and hold on!

..I keep forgetting to take video, ugh.. and no dyno numbers yet.

1sloGT

forum member
Reaction score
Aikman performance in cedar Park will rent the dyno out for remote sessions. I don't remember the cost but I remember not being floored by it which says a lot for my broke ass!

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Well, it's been awhile, so thought I'd post up some follow-up info. Some people have asked about it as well, so this may answer some questions.

I checked everything under the car last weekend while changing oil, checking all bolts, nuts, clamps, hoses, etc. Everything is holding up very well. Most of the fasteners were still good and tight, although the smaller clamps on the smaller couplers on the y-pipe were just a little loose. It was recommended to check the exhaust system nuts and bolts, and there were ok on my car.
Everything was in really good condition, no leaks, no rubbing that I could see of any pipes or hoses. Part of the time taken in putting it all in was making sure there was adequate clearance everywhere, and at times that was hard to accomplish.
And, the setup over all is so f'n sweet, a real work of art!

I am running the mild 15.5 psi wastegate springs right now and have the boost reference line directly connected to the FRPP intake manifold near the throttle body. I see just under 16 psi peak on my boost gauge, usually 15.6-15.8. This is on 93 pump gas.

Tuning was done by Manuel (aka Lito), and it is spot-on. :beer:

Now that cooler weather is getting here, I'll be dialing her in at the track, then may play around with some "adjustments" (boost and/or fuel).

07BLACKStang

forum member
Reaction score
I can vouch for this awesomeness. Mike's attention to detail is second to none.

Let's get a dyno day together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back