UCA bushing lube

Hiltsy845

forum member
Reaction score
I bought one of your non-adjustable UCAs from a member here. It is new and has never been installed. The poly bushing does not have any grease zerks. I'm guessing it is pre-lubed when it comes from you guys. What maintenance lubrication is necessary and how is it performed?

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Pick up some Mobil 1 Synthetic grease from any parts store and rub it on the sides of the bushing where it will make contact with the UCA mount. Don't put to much though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while riding my Shetland Pony through the pastures of Spain

HC_Tad

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
^^ what they said. Your poly bushings are on the softer side, so you won't really have the "plastic on metal effect" you get with the hard poly compounds. The grease can be helpful to reduce squeaks though. We do suggest greasing the face of them. It is generally a best practice to grease them every other oil change.

I will add that we have recently began pre-lubing the poly housing. Yours was manufactured prior to this change. If you want to, you can simply push the bolt sleeve out, apply a small amount of grease, and re-insert the bolt sleeve. It certainly wouldn't hurt to do this, but again, isn't critical with the softer poly compound.

Soon we will offer other custom poly compounds, giving customers even more options. A couple of these will be much stiffer poly, and the lube will become much more important.

Hiltsy845

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Is there any spray lubricant that would work after the initial greasing? I would rather not disassemble the rear suspension twice a year.

HC_Tad

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Is there any spray lubricant that would work after the initial greasing? I would rather not disassemble the rear suspension twice a year.

Yes, Sir, there are plenty of spray lubricants available. Getting a lubricant/moisture repellent would be a good idea. You can pick some up at any decent auto parts store. There are so many good options on the market. Keep in mind that poly isn't impacted like rubber is, so you have many more options for grease.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back