Un-uniform clicking sound

2kanchoo

forum member
Reaction score
I think it's just coincidence but ever since I installed my hotrod cams,cmcv delete plates and elec water pump there's been this fairly loud random clicking sound. The catch is it stops completely once I push the clutch all the way in. The clutch still seems to work perfectly fine driving around and making hard shifts at 6500 rpm. Albiet I haven't tried hard launches or slipping it from higher rpms.

I've had some people say to just drive it till the clutch gives but I'm just worried waiting for something to break will result in collateral damage. BUT the clutch still seems to work fine so I don't really want to replace one that still works haha.

Any ideas? Should I just buy a exedy mach 400 and be done with it? (I've heard it comes with a new tob etc?)

Thanks

Last edited:

FastOrange

forum member
Reaction score
I had the same thing when I did cams. The more pronounced shimmy and shaking from the rougher idle caused it. Never had any other issues from it though so IMO i dont think you have too much to worry about.

2kanchoo

forum member
Reaction score
I had the same thing when I did cams. The more pronounced shimmy and shaking from the rougher idle caused it. Never had any other issues from it though so IMO i dont think you have too much to worry about.
I can't believe I didn't think of that. I just figured because it would stop completely with the clutch in, it must be the clutch starting to go. Hahaha. It does kinda make sense though, I have the frpp handling pack which is really stiff, along with a bmr k-member with che tq limiters so the whole car shakes from the cams. I wonder what it would have shaken loose that would be directly effected by the clutch.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back