unlockable tuners?

LeeBunnyz

forum member
Reaction score
I havent had a mustang in about 3 years, and now im looking at a 2011 GT. Looking for mods already and a tuner is number 1 on the list. My question is im seeing used tuners for sale with "unlocks". Could i used those tuners for my car? when i had a mustang you couldnt do that, atleast i dont think you could. I rather buy a used tuner for $180 then a brand new one for $400. Any down fall for a used tuner?

Newman

sumidicsayhuh?
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Used tuner , is no way, shape or form considered tech here.

Please read the rules before posting .

Moved to chit chat

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you buy a locked tuner, you will have to pay to have it unlocked. An unlocked used tuner is what you want.

Franchi

Senior JR Member....
Reaction score
The tuner is how you upload a tune to the car, how well the car runs is dependent on who writes the custom tunes and you can't use somebody else's custom tunes. But long as you get an unmarried used tuner and your own custom tunes, you will be good. And fee for SCT to get a tuner unmarried is $150 just as FYI

JimC

Reaction score
It isn't the "unlocks" that you are looking for on a used tuner. You want it to be "unmarried " first and then that it has unlocks left.

If you only look at the unlock status it could still be married to the last car. If they don't set their car back to stock then you have to send it to SCT to be opened.

You still have to pay for tunes for your car and load them to the handheld tuner

2014_GT

Bowtie Bitch-Slapper
Reaction score
Less of a pain in the ass to just buy a new tuner with lifetime tunes from somewhere like Brenspeed, Steeda, etc.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back