Updrading a P1SC to a D1SC, worth it???

jjjferro

forum member
Reaction score
Was going to send out my P1SC to get it rebuilt (have 40k+ miles on it) over the winter. That got me thinking why not go up to the D1SC? Has anyone done this? Is it worth the extra cash?

Unreal

forum member
Reaction score
If you are pushing the p1 past its limits then yes it is worth it. If you are just making 450-500rwhp, then no.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Get a D1 over-pulley it and throw a wastegate on it!

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
I did a lot of research on this and found as stated above if your forged then sure take the plunge however if you have a stock short block chances are it wont hold it for long. So yes it will make more power throughout the rpm range but make sure your motor can take it. This issue is partially what pushed me to begin my forged stroker build a couple months ago.

Edit: although if you're going to send it back to ATI for a rebuild anyway I would definitely do the upgrade to a D1SC-1. I sent my P1SC-1 back last year and didn't do the upgrade and kicked myself in the ass later on. I think it was only like another $500 or so for the upgrade and if nothing else you can pulley it back to keep the boost lower but still make more power throughout the rpm range.

Last edited:

jjjferro

forum member
Reaction score
forged engine?

I went with a D1 because Im forged and want to make 700 hp

I was talked out of an F1A.

Yea engine will be built over the winter also. Figured while I have it all apart might as well upgrade.

mustangflanagan

forum member
Reaction score
I am toying with this idea as well except i am gonna do rgr stage 3 heads and rgr cams . Then again i might say f it go straight to a f1 either that or sell and get a 15

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
I am toying with this idea as well except i am gonna do rgr stage 3 heads and rgr cams . Then again i might say f it go straight to a f1 either that or sell and get a 15

I ended up going for the F1-A also. I have too much sweat & blood not to mention money into my car now to sell it for a newer one.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Yea 14 lbs. D1SC could make up to 20 lbs I believe.

I ran one at 19psi and it wasn't close to being maxed out. A friend of mine went 23psi and wasn't maxed out. It's rated to flow 1400cfm vs 1200 for the P1 vs 1150 for a Paxton 1200.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back