Used Whipple Supercharger Price Question

JGrein05

Regular
Reaction score
Ok this is a USED whipple 2.9 supercharger kit for the 2011 5.0, kit is 100% complete and only has about 2,000 miles on it, comes with the ford racing air kit and the upgraded whipple air kit. It was on a shops shop car and they are going to sale it to me because the owner wants to do a turbo kit on the car. I had two guys tell me they think Im paying too much for it so I thought Id ask you guys to see if they really know what they are talking about.
The shop told me they would sale me the 2.9 whipple kit, install the full kit on my car, and dyno tune it for $5,000 and I thought it sounded like a fair deal.

What do yall think about this deal?
What's the most you would pay for this deal?

Last edited:

klaw

forum member
Reaction score
I don't think that sounds bad at all - installed. If it doesn't work they are the only guys to blame as they supplied the parts and did the install & tune. I'd seriously look at that deal.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Sounds like a good deal to me. I'd guess you are really paying about $3500 for the kit considering the cost of install, tune, and tuner.

joebazan

forum member
Reaction score
It sounds like a great deal to me. You're saving +2k for an almost new Whipple. I would jump all over that deal. You may also need to upgrade your fuel injectors and fuel pump...

COYO TT

Stangless
Reaction score
Saving 2k on whipple, 1k on install, and 600 on tune.....sounds like ano brainer to me = 3600 saved

Ill take it!

Jyard

Jyard
Reaction score
Sounds like a good deal. Not sure why anyone would think you're overpaying for that.

JGrein05

Regular
Reaction score
It sounds like a great deal to me. You're saving +2k for an almost new Whipple. I would jump all over that deal. You may also need to upgrade your fuel injectors and fuel pump...

It comes with injectors, and Im gona see how the stock fuel pump does. They said I should be fine on stock fuel pump until I decied to upgrade and build the motor.

Bodam

forum member
Reaction score
Josh, like we talked about, if they are going to install it and tune it, that sounds like a good deal to me. Then any problems with the kit, parts, tune is all on them.

hollywood54

forum member
Reaction score
thats a great deal jump on it. What shop is it? dont worry I havent traded up to 2011 yet so dont worry Im not going to slide in there lol

Wlkn Tal

forum member
Reaction score
That really is a great deal, bought mind used for 4K, and by the time I had to figure out what was missing and certain minor up grades it was close to 8K installed and tuned. How much HP as it making on the other car?

jayman33

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Take it, its a good deal. Plus they'll dyno your car, yeah, take it.

JGrein05

Regular
Reaction score
I forgot how much it is making on their car but the car also has all the internalls upgraded with a fuel booster pump, bigger injectors, and 13 lbs of boost.

Mine will not have the upgraded stuff cuz of my stock motor

Back