UTV side by sides

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
I've been looking around the web for side by sides, mostly Polaris RZRs, and it seems hard knowing what to look for since i never had an interest in Off-road vehicles before. I like to try this out, but I was wondering if anybody here had any recommendations on a UTV?

Family has a farm and we need a replacement of the workhorse electric golf cart that basically useless and I thought something like a RZR would fit the bill and have a fun factor.

07Alloy

forum member
Reaction score
Yamaha yxz is way cooler than the rzr in my opinion. However, if you want utility, I don't think either are a good fit. They barely have a bed at all that is useable. I have a Yamaha Viking. I use the bed all the time and don't think I could do without it. It fits my needs and goes plenty fast enough on trails if I want. Just my two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silverhorse.s197

Glorified Welder
Reaction score
i own a '14 RZR 800 White Lightning.. The cargo box is pretty much for strapping a cooler down . We have hauled deer and a bear on it tho with out issues, oh and i plow with it (60" plow ).. So far i have had zero issues with it . Sometimes i regret not getting a ranger for the utility factor .. But the comfort factor was most important in my choosing .. Sat in it last memorial day for over 150 miles and ass and legs felt great at the end of the day .. Good luck with your purchase .

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
Yamaha yxz is way cooler than the rzr in my opinion. However, if you want utility, I don't think either are a good fit. They barely have a bed at all that is useable. I have a Yamaha Viking. I use the bed all the time and don't think I could do without it. It fits my needs and goes plenty fast enough on trails if I want. Just my two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It more of a transport around the farm. I like to get a hitch for it, if I needed to connect a small trailer to it for more utility.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
What are your plans and needs in terms of "working" around the property? This is going to dictate if you need a "utility" style or if you can get a performance style UTV.

The Polaris General is kind of a mix of the two, like the Yamaha YXZ, and has been getting pretty great reviews. Once you can tell me your real needs out of the machine I could make some real recommendations. Are you looking at buying new or used? They are pretty pricey, more than I think they should be that's for sure.

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
What are your plans and needs in terms of "working" around the property? This is going to dictate if you need a "utility" style or if you can get a performance style UTV.

The Polaris General is kind of a mix of the two, like the Yamaha YXZ, and has been getting pretty great reviews. Once you can tell me your real needs out of the machine I could make some real recommendations. Are you looking at buying new or used? They are pretty pricey, more than I think they should be that's for sure.

Its the first year for the General (i thought) and I'm buying used most likely. I liked the General the most when I started looking.

More Point A to B on the farm and to navigate tight area (deep wood areas and trails).

Maybe attaching a small lawn trailer to pull a brush pile to the gully.

But mostly transport. The golf cart is about dead and too overworked. (lots of hills and newly cleared fields). We broke the leaf spring 3 weeks ago and it a pain when someone forgets to plug the cart in after using.

Plus, it would be nice to have someone just fun to drive around once in a while.

Thats about it. Minus that last part, I would think a small displacement Ranger would do for my needs.

VA Raptor

forum member
Reaction score
I've got a Polaris Ranger 900 XP and love it. I use it around my property mainly and every once in awhile take it out to the trails and have never had an issue with it. RZRs are a blast as well, but I'd never get one to use only around my property.

The Ranger has a 1,000 LB payload (dump bed) and can tow ~2,000 LB. I actually pull my 8'x14' utility trailer with it when doing yard clean ups and such and it pulls it with no issues. It's fast enough (around 60) to go out and have some fun on it too.

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
I wish I had the money for a Razr 1000. Id drive that thing everywhere in the spring, summer and fall

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back