Vac. Tree on automatic?

N20JUNKY

forum member
Reaction score
What is the vac. Tree piece that are on the auto car that connects before and after the throttle body and also goes to the brake booster? Anyone with a manual car have this? Also can this be deleted?

GeorgeInNePa

forum member
Reaction score
Post a pic.

utf-8BSU1BRzA0MTIuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzA0MDMuanBn.jpg

It's inside this foam wrap in this pic.

Stick cars don't have this, it's an auto thing...

One line goes to the CAI elbow, one line to the intake manifold, and one to the brake booster.

utf-8BSU1BRzA0MTMuanBn.jpg

Last edited:

N20JUNKY

forum member
Reaction score
That's it, what does it do? I'm wanting to pull it off to clean that area up a bit

N20JUNKY

forum member
Reaction score
The only thing I can think of it doing is holding vaccum in in the booster since I pulled the line off and let it all out

Full_Tilt

forum member
Reaction score
Maybe some kind of check valve?

You could try sucking on it different ways and see if you get resistance.
*no homo*

N20JUNKY

forum member
Reaction score
Lol yes it's a check valve. Like I said I think it just to keep vac inside the booster. I'm going to pull it off and see what happens

chuck@evoperform

Boss surgeon
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Please dont. It is a check valve to retain vacuum in the brake booster. Without this, when you step on the brakes, they wont work too well.

N20JUNKY

forum member
Reaction score
Im going to try and see if the check valve off the booster of a 05-10 will push into the booster on the 11's and then dump the factory check valve. But am I correct in thinking the valve is only to keep vac. in the booster? Why do the manual cars not have these?

Scuba-Matt

Boost freak
Reaction score
Chuck is right, its the brake aspirator / check valve. You don't want to run without it. Especially on a auto boosted car.

N20JUNKY

forum member
Reaction score
No boost for me (yet). Just wanted to make sure thats all it had to do with. Chuck do you happen to have the location for the ones on the manual cars? I have a feeling I am having a vac. leak on mine or something because while the car is running you can hear this faint sucking sound, then unhook the hose that comes off the check valve into the cold air and plug the outlet of the check valve and the noise goes away. Im hoping that this is where my idle miss fire feeling im getting is coming from since I went to ford and got the pcm reflashed as per the tsb and it didnt help much at all.

P.S. Scuba did you get rid of your lightning too? I remember you off LR, My username was the same on there

N20JUNKY

forum member
Reaction score
Ok so today I pulled that funky check valve off and replaced it with one that pushes into the booster and just hooked the vac. line into the intake just how a manual car is set-up, Haven't noticed any difference in how it drives and/or brakes. Looks a lot cleaner up front so its a plus in my book.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back