Valve covers

datsyuk

forum member
Reaction score
I cleaned my engine bay a while ago and everything turned out very well except my valve covers and other pieces of that material are very tough to clean. Any suggestions how to clean them up real good?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
The tarnish that usually comes about with these valve covers isn't something that just wipes off. Powder coat them and you'll never have another issue with them

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Nuff said. They will ALWAYS look like CRAP unless you take a bazillion hours and polish them, which would require alot of maintenance to keep looking good, or do the right thing and just remove, paint or powdercoat, replace.

Ford should be shot for putting those FUGLY things on our beautiful s197's!!!!!!!

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Another vote for coating them. I wish I had my better powder coating gun when I did mine.

IMG_1461.jpg

MADGT

forum member
Reaction score
Stock untouched are impossible to keep clean...the material is just raw and un polished. You could spend many, many, many...did I say many hours...polishing them and they will turn out likes these:

Of course, to keep that shine I would recommend clear coat....

P26.jpg

P4.jpg

Last edited:

datsyuk

forum member
Reaction score
Lots of nice pictures guys. I guess I'll eat the money and go powdercoat them. Now I know the process will take several days so I obviously should get them done before I swap my cams so I'm not stuck waiting on my valve covers. How much of a PITA are the valve covers to remove?

S197Mike

Reaction score
those covers looks sick. I just use a bristle brush like for sinks and toliets to scrub my engine

FalconGTHO

The Reporter
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Stock untouched are impossible to keep clean...the material is just raw and un polished. You could spend many, many, many...did I say many hours...polishing them and they will turn out likes these:

Of course, to keep that shine I would recommend clear coat....

P26.jpg

This here is why I bought a second set. Havent done it yet, though.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back