varrstoen es4

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
Anyone ever heard of these or run them? Found a pretty good deal on a set of 19x9.5 +40 and 19x10.5 +43. The rear has a bit of poke and would need the hub shaved down. Can anyone tell me how much would have to come off? Also, what size tires would I want to run. Car will be on air ride, so I don't want any poke on the tires really.

10251294_883376545051542_816026639_n.jpg

Last edited:

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
That would look a lot better if the rear tires were correctly sized for the wheel- I bet you don't need too much to come off the rear.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
i wish i could get forgelines, but 6k for a set of wheels is a bit out of my league

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
i wish i could get forgelines, but 6k for a set of wheels is a bit out of my league

I was speaking in reference to you wanting to shave down the hubs on the wheels your interested in. I thought maybe his input would help you achieve the right "offset" if it was possible with those wheels you're asking about.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
Right, sorry. I was a bit caught up in the hockey game last night and didn't comprehend what you were saying.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
Anyone ever heard of these or run them? Found a pretty good deal on a set of 19x9.5 +40 and 19x10.5 +43. The rear has a bit of poke and would need the hub shaved down. Can anyone tell me how much would have to come off? Also, what size tires would I want to run. Car will be on air ride, so I don't want any poke on the tires really.
The questions you really need to answer first is how much material is there in the hub to begin with and how much can be safely removed. A separate matter concerns the lug nuts - if they're the closed kind is there enough room inside to accommodate the extra threads that will be sticking out once the hub has been machined? This will depend on how deep the conical taper has been bored. Cut the remaining metal too thin and the wheel won't be strong enough or durable enough.

Norm

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
I actually found a different set of wheels, velgens. Now the question is tires. I have a hookup that can get me sumitomo htrz-3s or Yokohama s drives. Anyone have experience with either. I'm reading a lot of good reviews about both.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back