VCT problems ! S.O.S. !!

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
As I wrote in a recent thread, I got my engine build up and everything went fine for around 40 miles (normal street driving) then I started to hear a strange exhaust note everytime I wanted to move from a dead stop, not always but sometimes, after a few mins the VCT system started to make noises and the car died, had to be towed to the shop.

So after reading several recent threads here that to lock or to limit the VCT system, I called Livernois and explained my problem and they also told me its a VCT problem, since I changed the springs and cams they tend to be the first problem. So I bought the VCT lockouts and already have them here with me, but .... I need a tune now ! (darn....)

So does any1 know which tuner will be opened and willing to send a stockish tune just only locking out the VCT system ?

Tried Doug, VMP, Brenspeed but they´re all closed. Adam told me he was going back to work till Jan 2nd so I didnt bothered calling.

Also, where can I find CHEAP VCT thing? for our cars ... just to know where can I buy one if one or both took a dump :tdown:

Thanks ! :beer:

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i can get with wes he might be able to do you a tune , he's a local cat the one who tunes forensicsteve's car .....

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks guys I´ll see who can help me out with this, sucks that every tuner is on vacations right now and my car is sitting in the shop with just a minor thing to do just to have it with me again !

Wes

forum member
Reaction score
Give me a shout if you need something to get ya up and running - 225.413.6004. Just need your four digit PCM code off the computer.

Wes

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
Well today I got my front engine tore apart to install the lockouts. There is one broken VCT thing (driver side) and i´m glad I had one extra around to use, just installed the lockout in the previous one I had.

IMG_2543.jpg

IMG_2540.jpg

Unfortunatelly for me, today is saturday and the shop closes early so untill Monday I´ll have my car runing again...

I guess lockouts or limiters are mandatory ?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back