VIN #'s and Build Dates?

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Just wondering, how many of you have your VIN #'s for your 2015's?

We got the VIN # and build dates for our cars, just figured I would share.

Black PP, Manual Trans: Build date of 09/22
Guard Base, Auto Trans: Build date of 09/23

We ordered through Brandon Ford, which is the 3rd largest volume dealer in the country, I believe. My rep there said that our cars "should" be arriving as soon, or sooner than any.

That leads me to believe these cars won't be on the roads until mid-late October?

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
My Guard GT Premium is scheduled for 8/25

So, how does it work as far as delivery?

The dealer I ordered through, says that my car should be coming as soon as any (to his lot).

Does a car being built on say, 08/25, have a better chance of being delivered before a car built a few weeks later?

He told me that the cars will sit in an area and get heavily QC'd before shipment, and it could take a few days, to a few months - depending on what the find, etc.

Is your 08/25 going to be QC'd with a car that is built on 09/22?

Just wondering. My dealer is extremely large, and I emphasized the priority in getting our cars. The owner of the dealership is actually one of Jack Roush's best friends, and they are a huge Mustang volume mover. I would think they would be the first in Florida to grab some of these cars, but I don't really know how it all works.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
There are a numerous amount of factors that can go into it.

But typically, yes a car built earlier has a better chance at getting delivered than a car delivered later.

One of the big things though is where the car is being distributed. It is important to make sure vehicles are coupled together to where they are going so transport space isn't wasted. If that makes sense.

Heavy QC isn't a surprise to me. My money is on late September for the cars to actually get on the lot. I've had a lot of disgruntled customers who come in and tell me about how Ford messed this up and brought out so much hype, etc etc and it's only going to get worse until the cars actually get here.

Cars are scheduled in weeks. When it says 8/25, that doesn't mean the actual day, it just means the week of that date. It could be earlier in the week or later. Chances are though those cars are pretty far from each other and won't be QC'd together.

Who knows though, when it comes to shipping stuff it can be pretty hit or miss. I've had an Edge that was suppose to be on my lot for a customer by Monday, but now I've found out it's sitting in a rail-yard waiting.

REDS197

Reaction score
My status is unchanged. Ruby Red GT In order processing for two months. No Vin assigned yet. I am dying to get a gen II TVS and some corn on this thing.

swedensky

forum member
Reaction score
I'm gonna sound like an idiot but how is Toorbeenee pulling that screen? Cam maybe you can chime in, I have to go through FMCDealer to track individual orders by order number..I'd like these customers to track on their own if they could.

toorbeenee

turbine lunatic
Reaction score
I'm gonna sound like an idiot but how is Toorbeenee pulling that screen? Cam maybe you can chime in, I have to go through FMCDealer to track individual orders by order number..I'd like these customers to track on their own if they could.

You will need your order number(DORA) and dealer code

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Just looked, 2015 Mustangs are showing up in the plant status!

So far I see one of ours -

Magnetic Metallic with Ebony Leather Interior
GT Premium 400A
Manual
Reverse Park Assist
Navigation

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Just looked, 2015 Mustangs are showing up in the plant status!

So far I see one of ours -

Magnetic Metallic with Ebony Leather Interior
GT Premium 400A
Manual
Reverse Park Assist
Navigation

Can you expand on what "plant status" means?

As in, production?

swedensky

forum member
Reaction score
Can you expand on what "plant status" means?

As in, production?

Yes, when we look up inventory it will be Plant (being built), In Transit (done and on the way to delivery), or it will be delivered and on the lot.

Reaction score
So, how does it work as far as delivery?

The dealer I ordered through, says that my car should be coming as soon as any (to his lot).

Does a car being built on say, 08/25, have a better chance of being delivered before a car built a few weeks later?

He told me that the cars will sit in an area and get heavily QC'd before shipment, and it could take a few days, to a few months - depending on what the find, etc.

Is your 08/25 going to be QC'd with a car that is built on 09/22?

Just wondering. My dealer is extremely large, and I emphasized the priority in getting our cars. The owner of the dealership is actually one of Jack Roush's best friends, and they are a huge Mustang volume mover. I would think they would be the first in Florida to grab some of these cars, but I don't really know how it all works.

No shit? I know where I am going to get my next Mustang.

Continue on thread.

toorbeenee

turbine lunatic
Reaction score
Damn!!!!!

some guys have there cars on awaiting shipment!!!! mine is still in process

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back