VIR full course coming up. Everyone welcome

Tucker

forum member
Reaction score
Go here for more info http://www.trackclubusa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3

Best price in town and one of the best tracks in the world!
Go to the link and make the forum a favorite. They do a bunch of track events at VIR, Gingerman and more all year. Great group of guys and a great event everytime.

I have a bunch of event pictures here if your interested:
JLT Event pictures

See you there!

Jay
tn_VIR%20OCT%2009%20119.jpg

pcdrj

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks alot Jay. This is all I needed to see in the middle of my trainee swap. If I get it done I might jump in.

Paul Redante
D&R Machine

Reaction score
295 bucks for two days? wow that ain't a bad deal. I just wish I had more time. Looks like a good group with mostly mustangs and corvettes. There's even a guy with the last name "McQueen" in a gt500.

Gray Ghost GT

Road Racing Fanatic!
Reaction score
Hi Jay, good to see Track Club USA is partnered with the SCMC. I ran with SCMC at VIR back in 2008 during their 3-day HPDE event (1 day for Full Course and 2 days of South Course) in the Advanced/Solo Group - had a GREAT time!

Tony Sorrentino (Cobrabitn) and Rick McNutt (Hazman) are good people. I signed up for their "SVT Super Fest" on 28-30 May (taking the Mustang GT), and will be signing up for your October 16-17 HPDE at VIR (taking the Corvette)! Mike

3070_1140484105236_1021434504_427270_7671917_n.jpg

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
Do you guys allow Verts at these event?

i DO NOT have any Roll Over protection but i do have side air bags :crazy:

Gray Ghost GT

Road Racing Fanatic!
Reaction score
Do you guys allow Verts at these event?

i DO NOT have any Roll Over protection but i do have side air bags :crazy:

*IF* they plan to use the same safety rules as written by SCMC, then this would be their guidance:

"Convertibles without roll bars will not be permitted to run except during the parade laps at lunch. A light bar is not considered a roll bar. Bolt-in roll bars are permitted (factory installed functional rollover protection will also be permitted)."

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
moses grab a 4pt bolt in and take it out whenever you want. but have some good plates welded in under the carpet.

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've rode VIR many times on two wheels, and a few on four. Never took the Mustang out there, very tempting.

Turn 4

18940_1286200562853_1465335909_770779_2028237_n.jpg

RedMosesSC

Reaction score

Gray Ghost GT

Road Racing Fanatic!
Reaction score
Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) every club I know requires a roll bar in most convertibles in order to participate in an HPDE. I'll say this - if you try an HPDE you WILL be hooked! Autocrossing is definitely a lot of fun and easy on the wallet, but HPDE definitely brings the experience up several notches. You can get the roll bars painted or powdercoated to whatever color you prefer. NJ Motorsports Park is much closer to where you live, might also want to check out Limerock Raceway too.

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
I'll say this - if you try an HPDE you WILL be hooked!

NJ Motorsports Park is much closer to where you live, might also want to check out Limerock Raceway too.

Im affraid of getting hooked, i know i will love it but the car needs to be streetable, at least for now.

Both NJ and Limerock require Roll over protection, ive inquired in the past.

Sounds like you guys are gonna have a blast!

STACYSTANGZ

forum member
Reaction score
Hi Jay!
Seems like yesterday I saw you at VIR...

Looks like Im going to the Rolex 24 Hour Race that week but I will def see you again in May for the next!

Tucker

forum member
Reaction score
YES you will get hooked.
I went once and now I look for personal stuff to sell just to feed the addiction.

See you in may Stacy

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score
There's an absolute steal of a deal on a Maximum Motorsports roll bar for convertibles...$399 shipped. I just paid over $700 for mine (shipping's a real SOB). Very nice piece, and the mounting pads make the Autopower bar look just plain hokey..

Go to the "Sale Items" tab here:

http://maximummotorsports.com/

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just read a great article in Motor Trend about VIR. The ZR-1 kicked ass, and the 2010 MUstang GT not only placed first in its class, but was only like 5 seconds slower than the 2010 GT500. So kudos to the trak pak 2010 Mustang GT:2g1c:

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
There's an absolute steal of a deal on a Maximum Motorsports roll bar for convertibles...$399 shipped. I just paid over $700 for mine (shipping's a real SOB). Very nice piece, and the mounting pads make the Autopower bar look just plain hokey..

Go to the "Sale Items" tab here:

http://maximummotorsports.com/

Wow! you really cant beat that price, still have to weld in plates and paint it.

Do any of you guys have a 4 point street bar? does it get in your way during regular street driving? does your head ever hit the bar? any other things you can complain about?

Sorry for the hijack, i may just start a new thread.

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score
Wow! you really cant beat that price, still have to weld in plates and paint it.

Do any of you guys have a 4 point street bar? does it get in your way during regular street driving? does your head ever hit the bar? any other things you can complain about?

Sorry for the hijack, i may just start a new thread.

Whoops, my mistake...I thought that was the MM bar, apparently it's just the Autopower. Looks like they don't make one for the convertibles (yet?). False alarm.. :mad2:

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
Whoops, my mistake...I thought that was the MM bar, apparently it's just the Autopower. Looks like they don't make one for the convertibles (yet?). False alarm.. :mad2:

Ive looked into Autopower through MM before and they DID NOT offer a convertible option, howver the description says

"Autopower Roll Bar, 2005-09 Convertible, 4-point"

Ill have to give them a shout

Thanks Duster

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back