VMP Supercharger On! Couple Pics and Dyno

RC_Stang

forum member
Reaction score
So after over a year of "talking" finally got it on. Thanks to Power by the Hour in Palm Beach, Ken Bjones (w/Lund) for the Tune and Justin at VMP for the great enhancement of the Roush Kit.
Drove home in late afternoon traffic so didn't get on it really hard. Without DR's KenB told me do NOT floor in when moving less than 60 or so on the hwy. The one time I DID get a good amt on it, It felt so powerful my first reaction was to pull back ... need to get on there Sunday with no traffic around.
Outside temps in the 80s yesterday and car never got above 192. I think Im good with the Dual Fan AFCO and the 170 Stat. I reset the MPG gauge while on a 70mph cruise for about 5 minutes, and gauge stayed in the 24-25 range so the car is SO unbelievably comfortable and practical for a Cruise (stop and go will be another animal :lol: )
For those just reading this now for the first time, Im coming from mods in sig to The VMP with 82mm pulley, BAP, LT's Catless H Pipe, JLT CF Intake and Lund/KenB tune.
I wanted a very conservative tune which is why the Dyno may not look as "great" to some that are familiar with the setup. Didn't get too many pics as I had to get home and head out last night. Will be post more later.
RC

THANKS to all of those that have offered me advice and some direction over the past year (you know who you are)
RC

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Looks really nice, and great power.

I have a question though, what is the difference between the VMP TVS and the Roush "R2300" TVS ? I know they appear practically the same 2.3L TVS, but are there any notable differences?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I believe VMP has bigger intakes. Justin is a big believer in making the intake as big as possible. My TVS1900 intake is 25% bigger than the TVS2300.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
It's easy to get jaded by some of the numbers people report. You have a lot of power. More than enough to bust the tires loose at highway speeds. I'd imagine that there are a lot of good times waiting for you in the future.

RC_Stang

forum member
Reaction score
Nice. You can have plenty of fun with that kind of power.
That's exactly what Im going to do!

Looks really nice, and great power.

I have a question though, what is the difference between the VMP TVS and the Roush "R2300" TVS ? I know they appear practically the same 2.3L TVS, but are there any notable differences?
VMP is the Roush unit, with the inlet ported larger, and it's made easier to do a pulley swap. His "kits" also come with a little more flexibility (Upgrade fan, etc.)

It's easy to get jaded by some of the numbers people report. You have a lot of power. More than enough to bust the tires loose at highway speeds. I'd imagine that there are a lot of good times waiting for you in the future.
Im not about eeking out every tenth at the track. This is perfect for me!
RC

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
RC, sorry for skipping over it in my first post. Very nice numbers and an awesome looking engine bay. You're right about big numbers on the street. I'm running my 11 lb pulley (570hp) for now only because I don't have enough belt length to dial it back any further. I only put the 63mm pulley on for track days and dyno runs. 600+hp on the street is insane and a lot more work than fun trying to keep traction.

RC_Stang

forum member
Reaction score
RC, sorry for skipping over it in my first post. Very nice numbers and an awesome looking engine bay. You're right about big numbers on the street. I'm running my 11 lb pulley (570hp) for now only because I don't have enough belt length to dial it back any further. I only put the 63mm pulley on for track days and dyno runs. 600+hp on the street is insane and a lot more work than fun trying to keep traction.

No prob. I still can't gun it all the way yet until I get my DR's

Where did you get those valve covers?
I painted the Black and the silver letters (I do these for Ebay), but I had an airbrush artist that did my Radiator cover do the smoke effect on them.

RC

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
Nice man...that front bumper pic has convinced me that I have to get the roush for my AFCO as well . Enjoy it.

RC_Stang

forum member
Reaction score
Nice man...that front bumper pic has convinced me that I have to get the roush for my AFCO as well . Enjoy it.

Even the Roush Front Bumper needed to be trimmed about 3" where the posts are...Does look SWEET there though.:clap:
Have fun! Wait until the whine starts to become more noticable, its awesome!!

I don't hear anything and Never heard anyone say that the Roush unit whines unless you're using a super small pulley.
RC

Chris borzi

Reaction score
I thought it was very quiet too to start with. I was dissapointed. Howewver after a few track days running at 4-5k you will start to hear it. I run a 82 mm pulley. The coating on the rotors has pobably worn off. Its great at the light when an M3 owner pulls up and looks over and decides to back off on their revs lol!:thumb:

RC_Stang

forum member
Reaction score
I thought it was very quiet too to start with. I was dissapointed. Howewver after a few track days running at 4-5k you will start to hear it. I run a 82 mm pulley. The coating on the rotors has pobably worn off. Its great at the light when an M3 owner pulls up and looks over and decides to back off on their revs lol!:thumb:

Right now you can only hear the fans running on the cooler. I like the fact that I have the added cooling capacity.
RC

RC_Stang

forum member
Reaction score
Got a graph of JUST the final dyno so it's easier to read.. Not the "best" peak numbers, but what a nice looking curve, especially that TQ curve!!
RC

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back