Low dyno numbers

jam07GT

forum member
Reaction score
Stock axles are 31 spline. They are capable IMO opinion of handling 1.5's truthfully. I just cut a 1.62, 1.64, and 1.67 on mine tonight on MT ET street R series. No issues at all. The rear axles were beefed up on the 05+ cars unlike the 04 and down which had 28 splines from the factory. You'll be fine. I ran 1.69-1.75 on my 13 Gt manual setup on ET Street II series and was leavign on 4500 RPM as well with no issues.

Is the ET street II, the radial tire?stock suspenion? Any idea how much horspower? Sticky track? That's pretty damn good for a stick and radial tires. You can drive that thing!

Also, I see you are now running the R series tire. I found that when I ran a stick and DRs, I just wasn't very consistent.

Last edited:

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Yes as is the R series, however MT just released some R series bias ply options as well. The ET Street II are comparable to the new S series that are out.

I think you may be giving me credit on a misunderstanding however. I am running consistent 1.6's on my R series in my 14 GT A6 setup. I ran best 1.69-1.75 60fts in my 13 manual shift car on the ET street II's but not consistently. There were always at least one 1.8x in the night when it would not hook. The track prep is crap on TT night at our local track as compared to many others, but better than some.

Yes I have the basic BMR mods to the car. Rear drags, LCA's relo brackets, UCA and bracket, Lakewood 50/50 drag shocks, FRPP adj panhard (great deal from a friend still new on the box). And of course MT ET street R series 305/45/17's on Darkstars.

I may have the axle tubes welded next season to be safe, and/or possibly consider the CHE rear axle support just to be safe.

I picked up the R series still new and never mounted from a friend who decided to go the bias ply route. I was looking into the Hoosier 17" bias ply but that would have defeated my goal of going 10's on a street legal DOT tire. Now that I have accomplished that I may look into bias ply options next year when I step up to a Circle D 3c 258mm Stall Converter as well. Would like to get the car solidly into the 10's without any more HP mods other than offroad H. Or I may look into going to a 15x8 and running one of the recently released R series in bias ply.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back