Vorshlag 2011 Mustang 5.0 GT - track/autocross/street Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

2008 V6

forum member
Reaction score
These days a car prepped like that wouldn't even make the top 3 in TT1 locally, much less at the National level. They've stepped it up in TTU-1-2-3, and there are serious builds running those classes now. We have stepped into the deep end with our move to TT3 and it will likely be difficult to win events in a full weight, daily driven street car shaped like a brick.

Oh well, it will be fun trying. :)

Terry I truly hope you do well.

I bought my wife’s V6 because price was right, it is big, heavy, most things are available over the counter (Very little custom fabrication necessary) & body parts are available in any junk yard for cheap. I didn’t want to spend much time developing this car because it was purchased as a basic training tool. She was suppose to be running in TTC by the end of last year though 2013. (Her development hasn’t been a quick as I had hoped - Motivation & Intimidation factor) It is what it is.

End of 2013 to 2014 - I’m considering this -http://www.palatov.com/index.html
(Palatov D2) with an LS type V8 if I can get my wife hooked on competitive driving. I would like it to be a joint effort also.
Very sorry to thread jack this - I will not post anymore off subjec

Vorshlag-Fair

Official Site Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Just wanted to post the link to the Vorshlag BFG Rival Tire review. Took almost 2 weeks to write and edit this monster, and it'll take you a bit to read it. I go into a lot more than just the 2 days I spent in New Orleans driving this tire.

Start reading here: http://www.vorshlag.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8209

bfg-tire-lineup-M.jpg

We drove a lot of different BFG models (above) as well as tires from Hankook, Falken, and Toyo. There was even a secret test of the Dunlop Direzza ZII.

BFGoodrichRival166-S.jpg
BFGoodrichRival071-S.jpg

Thanks for reading.

zquez

Death Dealer
Reaction score
You need to click at the top of the page on Vorshlags website.

Capture_zps77bf51e6.jpg

Last edited:

zquez

Death Dealer
Reaction score
Seem like good tires and they aren't ridiculously priced.

Yep. I think I'll be trying a set of these when my Hankook V12s are done. They're about 50 bucks more per tire, but I think I can handle that if it is a better tire.

dontlifttoshift

forum member
Reaction score
Terry, thanks for the in depth write up. Is it cool if I link to it on the pro touring sites?

By the way, it is DSE, Detroit Speed and Engineering. I can see how you got DSI out of it though. Good people and fast cars, if you are ever in NASCAR country check out their shop.......1st class all the way. Here is Stacy Tuckers American Iron car http://detroitspeed.com/projects/FR500S/FR500S-Mustang-pg1.html

Last edited:

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
Yep. I think I'll be trying a set of these when my Hankook V12s are done. They're about 50 bucks more per tire, but I think I can handle that if it is a better tire.

I'm curious the mileage I could get out of these.

modernbeat

Jason McDaniel @ Vorshlag
Official Vendor
Reaction score
If you are on the Vorshlag forum and it looks like the view that Zqez posted, you can change it to a more normal view using the "Display" drop down on the left side.

vorforum_zps73ca545a.jpg

51ngh

forum member
Reaction score
Any chance BFG might come out with 305/35/18 in the Rival?

claudermilk

Reaction score
Yep, STX. So I'm guessing you are going to run 18" wheels instead of the stockers? I'm leaning to maybe eventually doing that myself--more 18" choices I am finding.

sholzer

forum member
Reaction score
Yep, STX. So I'm guessing you are going to run 18" wheels instead of the stockers? I'm leaning to maybe eventually doing that myself--more 18" choices I am finding.

yep, I found a deal on some 18x9 +35 wedssport TC105n's

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back