vortech/aftercooled 3v folks....

Saleen4971

forum member
Reaction score
after spending way too much time getting nothing done on the stang today, i am wishing a few things were different on the stang. i installed the vortech kit in.....09? and after that it was in a wreck, so im not sure how i had everything before (bypass hose, vacuum line, harness stuff, etc. etc.) but i seem to remember things being less hectic.

in front of the motor is a shitshow. PS lines going here and there, bypass hoses, lackluster intake fittings, the list goes on and on.

on the passenger side, the harness doesn't have a whole lot of give to it, and is sort of smushed between the coolant bottle, and valve cover :/ i wont even get into the damage done by what once was a great mobile audio store that i have to fix.

im curious what some of you folks have done, as far as wire routing, plumbing, etc. on a 3v with vortech. for simplicity i really want to switch to an A2A, but W2A is damn nice........

95ragtop

forum member
Reaction score
What I did is found a good deal on a Paxton 2200 a/a, bought that and sold my vortech. Allowed me to clean that mess between the engine and fan shroud and switched to blow thru while I had everything off.

Not the answer you're looking for, but I was in the same boat and found it my best option. I still have my harness smashed between the valve cover and coolant overflow, so a Paxton option doesn't fix everything.

NoviBlownGT

Boosted Crew
Reaction score
after spending way too much time getting nothing done on the stang today, i am wishing a few things were different on the stang. i installed the vortech kit in.....09? and after that it was in a wreck, so im not sure how i had everything before (bypass hose, vacuum line, harness stuff, etc. etc.) but i seem to remember things being less hectic.

in front of the motor is a shitshow. PS lines going here and there, bypass hoses, lackluster intake fittings, the list goes on and on.

on the passenger side, the harness doesn't have a whole lot of give to it, and is sort of smushed between the coolant bottle, and valve cover :/ i wont even get into the damage done by what once was a great mobile audio store that i have to fix.

im curious what some of you folks have done, as far as wire routing, plumbing, etc. on a 3v with vortech. for simplicity i really want to switch to an A2A, but W2A is damn nice........

If you in Indy and want to check out how I have my Novi2200 setup your more than welcome. I'm about to wrap up my blow through conversion and could help you make that switch if you want.

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
I'm also running air to air with a blow through setup and blow off valve. No complaints. It's easier to tune and virtually maintenance free. I'm one who likes the easy button.

Saleen4971

forum member
Reaction score
Was thinking about front mount with blow through. I do love the sound of atmosphere venting on my jeep :D

Will most likely hold off on it, but mass parts.

That damn coolant bottle though....

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back