Wash/rinsing equipment

07ccdskaterv6

forum member
Reaction score
What do y'all use to rinse off your car? I have been using just a spray nozzle from Walmart or whatever and just went to a DIY cheaply car wash and using their pressure washer and I like it quite a bit. I just spray it off then use spot free rinse and it looks way better than just hosing it off at home. Do y'all own personal pressure washer/ spot free rinse setups? What kind and how much does it set you back?[

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
I have a Mr. Clean Autodry Car Wash system but I am out of filters and soap so it's basically just a nozzle. I use an Absorber to wipe it off to keep the water spots away.

Irishman

Ricer
Reaction score
I hit mine with my power washer and then the foam cannon. I rinse with one of the fire hose type of attachment works really well. After the rinse it gets the leaf blower treatment followed with detail spray and microfiber to make sure there are no spots.

HitandRunDriver

Amateur Goon
Reaction score
We actually just repiped the house and have a new water softener for the house and it does a huge difference. I use a foam cannon attached to a karcher electric washer for the pre-wash and let it sit a few minutes to loosen dirt, then blast it with the flat pressure washer attachment and then use the 2 bucket method, followed by the sheeting method with a hose to remove most water droplets. To dry I use an electric leaf blower and an absorber to BLOT water, and not rub against the paint. The less you rub the paint, the less scratches you will get. Follow up with a quick detailer and glass cleaner to get rid of any small stuff that stayed behind.

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
We actually just repiped the house and have a new water softener for the house and it does a huge difference. I use a foam cannon attached to a karcher electric washer for the pre-wash and let it sit a few minutes to loosen dirt, then blast it with the flat pressure washer attachment and then use the 2 bucket method, followed by the sheeting method with a hose to remove most water droplets. To dry I use an electric leaf blower and an absorber to BLOT water, and not rub against the paint. The less you rub the paint, the less scratches you will get. Follow up with a quick detailer and glass cleaner to get rid of any small stuff that stayed behind.

I agree with everything here except the Absorber but for blotting is fine. After I dry the car with a leaf blower I go to either UWW+ or another QD with 2 mf towels one to wipe the QD on and the other with one mist to keep the towel lubricated and buff the remaining QD off.

And OP cost wise I have the 99 dollar Clean force pressure washer from Home Depot and a MTM foam cannon which can be found for around 50 but with a good sealant/wax and you blow dry it after you will get better results.

Last edited:

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
I take off the nozzle and sheet rinse which helps cut drying time in half. After that i hit it with a electric leaf blower and then some detailer.

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
I use a leaf blower followed by waffle weave drying towel and Ultima Waterless Wash as lube.

mrperple

forum member
Reaction score
After doing the TBM, rinse w/ spray nozzle to gat all the soap out of the tight spots. Then I pool rinse the which leaves the car almost completely dry(if you have a LSP). Spritz the car w/ UWW+ for lubricant and towel dry any leftover drops w/ my Target drying towel.

Bullitt 3309

forum member
Reaction score
Just something about that method I don't trust. Many people use it and love it though.

I use it ONLY if I can do a rinse from my pressure washer or car wash to knock off the large stuff. During our drought here in South Texas I used ONR and a Pro-line grout sponge on my DGH Bullitt and didn't induce any marring or swirls. But I always rinsed at car wash before using ONR.

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
That kind of defeats the purpose of it. If you have a heavily soiled car then I would say use a water hose and pressure washer. Ive only been doing it for a couple months and have 2 black cars so I hated washing the black cars because of swirl marks. So far I havent had to do any polishing since. But on the mustang I do it twice a week and its never dirty just dusty. Truck on the other hand its filthy most the time.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back