Well i want to do my brakes..

bossmanpena

Team OverDrive
Reaction score
i dont have many power adders at all just a c&l cai and tune but id like more stopping power.. should i do GT brakes?

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Better pads make a big difference. Although, good hawk hps pads+gt brakes, which is what I use, helped quite a bit. Remember, your back brake rotors are already the same size as on a stock GT; just the fronts are different sized.

Four.O

forum member
Reaction score
Better pads make a big difference. Although, good hawk hps pads+gt brakes, which is what I use, helped quite a bit. Remember, your back brake rotors are already the same size as on a stock GT; just the fronts are different sized.

I heard about the Hawk HPS pads squeel but never witnessed it or had first hand experience. Do you own some? Is that true? Hopefully this can help the OP decide too

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
i dont have many power adders at all just a c&l cai and tune but id like more stopping power.. should i do GT brakes?

GT rotors, GT caliper brackets w/17" rims and you're good. I did my wife's car for less than $40 when I put Brembos on the GT. Or if you have 18" wheels you can do the 2011-2012 GT brakes with caliper brackets and rotors.

erat

forum member
Reaction score
I heard about the Hawk HPS pads squeel but never witnessed it or had first hand experience. Do you own some? Is that true? Hopefully this can help the OP decide too

<--------not squeeling

Mikes06GT

forum member
Reaction score
I just bought the hawk pads and picked up a set of rotors with only 2000 miles off another GT. installing after holiday weekend. I'll post if they pads make noise.

RunnerInTheNight

forum member
Reaction score
Get Monroe Pads, do a good brake fluid bleed if your fluids been around for a bit and you'll stop on a dime. Same set up, stock calipers and I don't have ABS or TC and I stop pretty well!

HAPPY HIPPO

forum member
Reaction score
monroe brake pads

Get Monroe Pads, do a good brake fluid bleed if your fluids been around for a bit and you'll stop on a dime. Same set up, stock calipers and I don't have ABS or TC and I stop pretty well!
anyone else using monroe brake pads? I am shopping for brake pads and since I get monroe brake pads at 50% off I thought I would give em a try.

Alec

forum member
Reaction score
I upgraded to the GT brakes and originally used stock GT rotors and Hawk HPS pads, wasn't really a fan of them. Swapped out to Hawk Ceramics and DBA cross drilled and slotted rotors and I'm much more satisfied

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back