Well my time 1/8 sucks lol

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
Finally got to take it to the track for the first time since the M90.

I had my girlfriend take a couple videos with her phone of going down the track which I can't upload right now, but I was shifting at 6k. Also tried 6500, didn't help, was actually slower. Then that pissed me off, so I wrapped it up to around 7k. Still slower, went back to 6k shifting. This wasn't the best slip, but the other one was only 8.53 and I didn't snap a pic of it yet. I made a lot of runs. What could be wrong? All I have done is the M90, pace headers with off road H, borla stingers mid mounted, and a new tune from Lito. This was on street tires, 285 wide - Continental DW tires

Inb4 "driver mod", be realistic.

It feels like it loses all balls when I shift to 3rd. This is a 5spd.

Attachments

• IMAG0324.jpg
    IMAG0324.jpg
    485.2 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

corey5988

forum member
Reaction score
We have pretty much the same exhaust (JBA longtubes, OR-H, and mid mounted Roush cans, which are the same as stingers).

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
Have you datalogged the car in the heat to see what kind of timing is being pulled?

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
No, forgot to bring the laptop to the track with me unfortunately. It was 81 degrees with 91% humidity though.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You need a tire

Don't post crotch shots

And all 05-10 mustangs are 5 spd

joe_momma

forum member
Reaction score
Tires. Thats not a bad time. Terrible air. You were probably heat soaking if you were hot lapping. Plus it is hard to gauge speed in the 1/8th

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
Why was this moved to drifting? Has nothing to do with drifting lol.

You're SLIPPIN STK!!!

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
Tires. Thats not a bad time. Terrible air. You were probably heat soaking if you were hot lapping. Plus it is hard to gauge speed in the 1/8th

I ran 9.04 consistently before the blower.

An 08 gt auto was there with cold air intake, some type of different intake manifold, and a Baja tune and was running 8.8-8.9.

I don't think 8.54 is a good time at all, or even acceptable.

Someone with a 13 gt manual trans with e85, cold air intake, off road X, short throw shifter, et street 2 drag radials and turn down pipes came and had a best of 8.22.

Sighhhhhhhhhh.

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
Well... not sure what to get for drag other than LCA, UCA, PHB (can't afford/don't want to afford a watts link lol), and drag springs. Then I don't know what all I need for the drag springs though... Or what setup is good. I would 100% be buying as much BMR as I can though.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Only four gazillon threads on drag suspension set ups

conexion914

forum member
Reaction score
Your 60' isn't helping your cause. Get a better tire and suspension to get off the line and to the 60' faster.

I have an 08 auto with a few bolt ons and run 8.20s in the shitty South Florida summer heat/humidity. In the winter I get in to the 7.90s.

Get the car to hook using all of its power and you'll be happy with the results!

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Don't expect too much on street tires, get some drag tires for the drag strip.
You should be in the mid 11's with a nice run with an m90, well depending on DA and all that.

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Don't expect too much on street tires, get some drag tires for the drag strip.
You should be in the mid 11's with a nice run with an m90, well depending on DA and all that.

My best with the M90 was 11.85. Your 12.1 with a stock 4.6 is exceptional and not the norm.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back