Went to the track

07stang

forum member
Reaction score
Ok finally went last night, last year ran 13.8 stock. now have H.O whipple, stock auto trans, full exhaust, suspension, 3.90 gears with detroit true track, and 1 piece shaft. made 5 runs all with 18 inch street tires. i had to keep the traction control on, thats when i got my best runs, with it off i spun even more and resulted in a 12.7 i know my 60 ft times suck. for the experts would u say if i had some good slicks would i be in the 11s? im #749

Attachments

• time slips 7.22.08.jpg
    time slips 7.22.08.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 30

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
turn off the Traction control and learn how to launch the car. it will yield better times

the traction control limits a lot more than just helping with traction

srt2stang725

Reaction score
your mph is a little low for 11s...maybe 11.9s...but the traction issues and street tires are killing you...get your 60's down to 1.8s or 1.7s

N

navbtcret

What psi boost are you running and are you using the Whipple tune or have you had it dyno tuned?

DR's will help a lot.

07stang

forum member
Reaction score
its 10lbs of boost, im running jdm tune, im sure its on the conservative side. havent gotten around to getting it dynoed yet

DKO

Shut up and die!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ETs might get you 11s, but as the others said the MPH seems a little low to dip in there. If you invested in a drag suspension and ET streets you could do it, but I doubt you want a hardcore drag suspension. That things needs to get on a dyno though, an FI car that hasn't been tuned on a dyno is just asking for it if you ask me. Either that or it's going to be running pig rich.

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ETs might get you 11s, but as the others said the MPH seems a little low to dip in there. If you invested in a drag suspension and ET streets you could do it, but I doubt you want a hardcore drag suspension. That things needs to get on a dyno though, an FI car that hasn't been tuned on a dyno is just asking for it if you ask me. Either that or it's going to be running pig rich.

+1^^ yOUCAN GET AWAY WITH A CANNED TUNE WITH LIGHT MODS, BUT YOUVE GOT ALOT MORE IN HER WITH THE RIGHT GUY CUSTOM TUNING IT..I picked up almost 60 whp on a Mustang dyno going from Vortech's canned tune to a custom dyno tune and relocating the IAT sensor in the right position..

Rygen

I can break any motor!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice job! Way to get out there. Like others have said, get some DR's, a dyno tune if you can....and I would look at some LCA's.

DarkFireGT

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Definitely turn of TC. If you have the throttle pegged, that's bad for your blower because it's pulling fuel to keep traction, causing a lean condition. That also could be the reason for the low MPH. You really need some DR's or cheater slicks. I find it impossible to get a great time with street tires with 4.10's, let alone a blower.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back