What are my options?

BLKBULLITT

forum member
Reaction score
So this spring I'm going to be removing the procharger and running NA
(Reliability purposes and drive ability for a full time DD this summer)

Im thinking just a JLT intake and SCT tuner will do to replace that portion of going back to NA

Here's my questions

-Can I leave my BAP hooked up in the car? Will go FI in the future again once I pay the car off (also another reason to sell the system)
-Can I use the 39lb injectors that are in the car right now for going NA?
-Getting a new drive belt since the procharger runs a bigger one, just go to ford?

Also it's a P1SC intercooled kit, I'll toss in a cobalt boost and AFR guage with the kit. Is $3400 a fair asking price? Will prob drop for forum members here

Say I used $2500 of that to mod the car a little more (suspension and wheel wise) what are my options?

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
The belt shouldn't matter, Procharger runs a separate belt drive altogether. You can leave the injectors and BAP, you just have to compensate for them in the tune.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Turn the BAP down to zero
Injectors are easy to swap back to stock
If you have the Xcal from the Procharger kit why not keep it, that way you don'yt have to buy a new one?

If you tell us what your suspension mods would be that would help; depending on where you get the rims/tires from and what you want you can eat that $2500 on them.

Do you want:
Shocks/struts
GT 500 strut mounts
Springs
UCA/mount
LCA
LCA relo brackets
PHB brace
APHB
Sway bars

Lots of options, you need to tell us what your wants/needs are

klaw

forum member
Reaction score
I know a local Calgary gal that wants to go FI on her 07 CS. Perhaps you could work out a deal and swap parts over. PM me if you're interested.

BLKBULLITT

forum member
Reaction score
Never got a tuner with the car when I bought it.

Have a set of Rims in mind that I know will set me back about $1300, then there is the Cost of tires (the ones I want are 20's)

Im thinking Koni Shocks, Steeda Springs, Steeda Panhard bar and brace to start with then get little bits and ends later on.

Kevin, I'll let you know when I can. Just going to run to Western Motorsports shortly to find out what my options are first.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
I wouldn't even bother with taking the supercharger off. I don't think you'll have any reliability issues at 425 HP. What a bummer its going to be going from 425 to 300...

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Never got a tuner with the car when I bought it.

Have a set of Rims in mind that I know will set me back about $1300, then there is the Cost of tires (the ones I want are 20's)

Im thinking Koni Shocks, Steeda Springs, Steeda Panhard bar and brace to start with then get little bits and ends later on.

Kevin, I'll let you know when I can. Just going to run to Western Motorsports shortly to find out what my options are first.

So what are you using with the Procharger for tuning?
Good plan on the Koni's, I had the SRT's on my 2010/2013 and they are a good upgrade over stock and do decent at the track; I recommend the BMR parts.

BLKBULLITT

forum member
Reaction score
Not worried about power. It'll still be a bolt on car. I will likely add a set of comp camps and intake manifold down the road.

I have to compromise here. Sell procharger and get the items I want, or keep the car looking as is.

I want to get suspension parts and new wheels and tires. This is a good way to go.

Greg, I have zero idea what the car was tuned with before. When I took it to the dyno to get a baseline pull to figure out if the tune was good I was leaning out around 15.5 at WOT. When we dug a little into the tune everything was off. Told me I was running 80lb injectors when Im really running 39lb.

Its a mess of a tune. So we added this sniper software just to correct the current tune on the car to get it straightened out and to be able to drive it. Added some more fuel and now its fine. But the tune is still shit. We basically would have to start from scratch. And I really dont want to be throwing all my money into tuning the thing and then the possibility of something going wrong on it again.

Guaranteed with a proper tune the car will make more than 425 RWHP.

Figure i will do the following

WMS Racing 95mm intake
SCT tuner with custom John lund tune

Once the procharger is off and all that is installed I'll post up the Procharger system with the BAP, MAF.ia, and a Boost Gauge for $3400.

Then I can Just focus on doing some bits and ends to the car and have a fun reliable N/A car this year and focus on some other things on her

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ugh, what a mess! I understand not wanting to throw money into it, just got out of one of those myself.

There are a lot of good tuners out there, don't limit yourself to Lund, esp for a bolt on 3V.

Did you receive my PM?

BLKBULLITT

forum member
Reaction score
Yes I sure did,

I appreciate it Greg, however the guys at Western will be cheaper for me as shipping is less and parts generally will cost me less than ordering from the States

I hear Lund is very good with his tunes and the guys at Western Motorsports recommend him as well.

Should go pretty decent with the WMS 95mm Intake, JBA Longtube headers, offroad Hpipe, and Magnaflow catback. Gonna keep the 39lb injectors as well in her.

It will hold me off until I have some more money later on when I can get Cams and the intake manifold along with some gears.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back