What are your settings

leftie712

Reaction score
I was on 20`s for over a year before air install. Reason I bought this kit was just so I can lower my car if I choose to and still be able to get in and out of my driveway. I do not race/track or do any shows, its just a summer toy that I play with. Local roads are crappy here in MN.
I will keep playing with settings. Right now I have set dampers to softest setting, so air pressure is the only thing left to adjust to feel difference, unless I got all this wrong :)

Last edited:

Jeremy@AirLift

forum member
Reaction score
I was on 20`s for over a year before air install. Reason I bought this kit was just so I can lower my car if I choose to and still be able to get in and out of my driveway. I do not race/track or do any shows, its just a summer toy that I play with. Local roads are crappy here in MN.
I will keep playing with settings. Right now I have set dampers to softest setting, so air pressure is the only thing left to adjust to feel difference, unless I got all this wrong :)

You are on the right track, you just have to keep tweaking the system until you find the settings that you find most comfortable. Everyone's perception of comfort is different, so the settings I find comfy may not be comfortable to you.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
So I've been having issues with ride quality, mostly in the rear. When I hit a bump it feels like the axle is coming through the floorboard or something.

What exactly does the adjustment do? It was set to Around 15 clicks from 0 on the soft side. Should I go softer or should I firm it up?

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
My air ride system should be here some time after Aug 22 , then I'll be sending the tank to Jeremy to exchange for smaller polished one. I'll still have to purchase an extra air compressor , but I'm looking forward to air ride...

Jeremy@AirLift

forum member
Reaction score
So I've been having issues with ride quality, mostly in the rear. When I hit a bump it feels like the axle is coming through the floorboard or something.

What exactly does the adjustment do? It was set to Around 15 clicks from 0 on the soft side. Should I go softer or should I firm it up?

I would try firming it up first. Can you tell if there is any oil coming out of the shocks?

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
I would try firming it up first. Can you tell if there is any oil coming out of the shocks?

no oil, i did a few things this weekend. i noticed the shock housing was screwed all the way into the lower part so i raised it up. i could see on the shock shaft that a good 2 inches of it was not being used. also adjusted the setting a little softer. i wont know for sure if it had any affect until i get to drive it a little more. the few miles i did get to drive it felt good.

Jeremy@AirLift

forum member
Reaction score
no oil, i did a few things this weekend. i noticed the shock housing was screwed all the way into the lower part so i raised it up. i could see on the shock shaft that a good 2 inches of it was not being used. also adjusted the setting a little softer. i wont know for sure if it had any affect until i get to drive it a little more. the few miles i did get to drive it felt good.

Shock length will make a huge difference, keep me posted :thumb2:

STEFTAG302

Reaction score
This might be a stupid question, but how do you adjust the rear shocks, I did the front today and it made a big difference in ride quality. The rear is still a little stiff and I would like to soften it

Jeremy@AirLift

forum member
Reaction score
This might be a stupid question, but how do you adjust the rear shocks, I did the front today and it made a big difference in ride quality. The rear is still a little stiff and I would like to soften it

There should be 2 knobs that will go into the top of the rear shocks to adjust the damping. If you cannot find the knobs an allen wrench will work as well.

STEFTAG302

Reaction score
There should be 2 knobs that will go into the top of the rear shocks to adjust the damping. If you cannot find the knobs an allen wrench will work as well.

Thanks, I was hoping it wasn't on top!! It's going to be a pain in the ass removing all my stereo equipment again. Oh well, I'm new to the air ride scence so be patient with me. Lol. Thanks for your help.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
hah, yup same place as the front struts.

unless your looking for the adjustment nut that lengthens the actual shock of course

leftie712

Reaction score
When adjusting settings is there some kind of rule of thumb?
Like when I increase PSI, should I go softer or harder with setting?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back