What are your settings

Wicked One

forum member
Reaction score
I ended up with the new style adjustable system. Thought a thread with personal settings would help out with new installs.

Normal driving:
Front, 16 clicks @ 55psi
Rear, 18 clicks @ 50psi

The other presets I have are for full up, full drop and cool but rough ride.

I noticed that at 65 front and 75-80 rear the car felt like the rear was still bottoming out. I am still learning the psi vs dampening and coil over.

So far I love it.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

leftie712

Reaction score
I am also trying diffrent settings, looking for daily driving setup.
Current:
Front 15 clicks, 45psi
Rear 15 clicks, 55psi

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
There's really no point comparing PSI because every car weight differently. You have to remember that the more weight on the car, the higher the PSI despite the same amount of air in the bags.

I run mine at 55 all around with just me in the car. I have various presets as I take on passengers or stuff in the trunk.

With a fully loaded car (seriously loaded), I had to drive mine at 65 in the fronts and 75 in the rears just to maintain the same ride height at my unloaded 55 all around.

Best ride quality for me is 60psi all around.

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
-14 front and -14 rear. Pressures are FL70-FR30-RL30-RR70....maybe my car is out of whack from when it was wrecked, but that's my pressures.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
-14 front and -14 rear. Pressures are FL70-FR30-RL30-RR70....maybe my car is out of whack from when it was wrecked, but that's my pressures.

30psi Kimmer?!?!?! Did you install the shocks with the bottom mounts spun down a lot?

Have you done a calibration? The 30/70 difference makes me suspect the system isn't calibrated.

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Yep its calibrated and setup the same. I'm just measuring from ground to wheel lip. Could be tire pressure is off but I doubt it. Thats what I set it to get the height but typically it shows 74, 35, 35, 74. But I've also got custom air intake on the high front side and amps/sub on high rear.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
Yep its calibrated and setup the same. I'm just measuring from ground to wheel lip. Could be tire pressure is off but I doubt it. Thats what I set it to get the height but typically it shows 74, 35, 35, 74. But I've also got custom air intake on the high front side and amps/sub on high rear.

That's really strange. Maybe your car's weight balance is just that much different on each corner. I've found that on the rears, just 5psi will make a good 1/2" difference in ride height for me. Man I wish I had gotten a height-based controller instead of pressure-based controller.

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Height based is being developed for our systems. Not sure time frame.

Wicked One

forum member
Reaction score
Did anyone screw with the coil overs? I see the rear can be lengthened or shortened. Pros/cons to this. I left them alone.
As for the fronts, I haven't touched them yet.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
Pros and cons pretty obvious...shorten the strut and you'll be lower on the same pressure. So you'll need more pressure to be at ride height. Deflated you'll be lower. But you'll also limit max height for bumps and clearance. The inverse is true if you lengthen the strut. More pressure makes the ride harsher.

Sent from my microwave

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
do you have to have the digital controller to make all these changes or just to save them? I am wanting airlift, but having a hard time with the cost. For the very limited amount I drive my car(1500 mile/yr) I am think of just going with the manual controller. do you also get the adjustable shocks/struts with the manual kit?

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
do you have to have the digital controller to make all these changes or just to save them? I am wanting airlift, but having a hard time with the cost. For the very limited amount I drive my car(1500 mile/yr) I am think of just going with the manual controller. do you also get the adjustable shocks/struts with the manual kit?

I think you'll appreciate the digital controller. You can save 8 presets, so for example I have:

1) All the way down
2) Ride height
3) Ride height with passenger
4) Steep driveway (raise the fronts)
5) Full car (4 passengers)
6) Full car with full trunk
7) All the way up front and rear to clear car lifts and jacks
8) low and slow

With manual switches, you'll always be wondering if you're up high enough and youll have to get out and check. I guess if you only drive a few times a year, that would be fine. But even for a weekend car, I would find it annoying to have to get in and out a few times every week. You'll also probably drive out, and then wonder if you're too low after parking for a while or if you hit rough terrain, you wont know how high up you go or if youve come down far enough after that steep driveway you had to drive into. It also takes some trial and error to set your ride height so if you dont have a preset, you might set it to where it looks right in your garage, then drive out and find that your exhaust keeps dragging. And that would happen every weekend since you won't have a preset.

Last edited:

leftie712

Reaction score
What would be lowest possible pressure to obtain best comfort ride?
I take damper would need to be set to softest setting.

leftie712

Reaction score
I wouldn't go much lower than 50, and set your damping around setting 12
That is what I have set up and I have tried with more or less air, but still not able to improve to get my air setup to what I had with stock setup. Everyone says that air should be better but I can even get close to what it felt like. And I am not talking about performance, just ride comfort.

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Man, my ride quality has been fantastic! Leftie, what size wheels are you running? Obviously if you are now on air with 20's and comparing it to stock with 17's or 18's, then it's going to send more "feeling" to your butt. Mine on air and 20's compared to springs and 20's, it was no comparison. I love my air!

Now, Jeremy just needs to get moving on those ride height sensors! That will make this kit the ultimate mod to me on my car.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back