What ARP head studs do i use for 3v heads on teksid block?

whippledpony

forum member
Reaction score
i am jst wondering what arp head stud kit to use one my swap, the 2v/4v kit or the 3v kit? Only reason i ask is because the block is originally a 4v block but the heads are 3v so i am wondering if its the same or different to the block from the heads is all? if you guy can give me part numbers that would be great

whippledpony

forum member
Reaction score
ok well those are the ones i bought i guess im gonna have to see if i can sell them

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
Check titan motorsports on ebay, best price i have found on them anywhere. Just search 256-4202 and there will be titan in the pic

whippledpony

forum member
Reaction score
3v arp studs to short on my teksid swap, these studs do thread into the block 1 and 3/8 of inch so i could back the studs out up to 3/8" from the bottom and they will probably work, what you guys think

05moneypit

forum member
Reaction score
You sure you got 3V studs? The 3V studs are the longest. They should measure 9.5 inches over all length. The 2V/4V are shorter.

And the 2v/4v studs do work fine in a Teksid with 3v heads. I ran them in two different builds, just have to back them out a few turns. Just make sure you know which stud you have....the torque spec is different between the 2v/4v and 3v

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back