What did YOU just order? (Reading Comprehension Test)

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
You should always have something like M205 in your arsenal. It's a fine polish, but it will get light swirls out if you combine it with a semi-aggressive pad.

For heavier stuff you'll need something like Swirl-X or Ultimate Compound. Technically, you don't have to finish with a fine polish after either of these. But, still a good idea, IMO.

M105 is very aggressive and should not be used unless you really need it. It must be followed by a fine polish.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
I got my 4-3/8" backing plate today from Auto Geek.

Still waiting on my order from Ken @ Autowerkes.... 15 days and counting.. The Race Glaze mitts were out of stock and he told me they were coming in like 3 days after my order was placed. I don't know why he didn't just send out the rest of my order.

Last edited:

chrismakk69

forum member
Reaction score
You should always have something like M205 in your arsenal. It's a fine polish, but it will get light swirls out if you combine it with a semi-aggressive pad.

For heavier stuff you'll need something like Swirl-X or Ultimate Compound. Technically, you don't have to finish with a fine polish after either of these. But, still a good idea, IMO.

M105 is very aggressive and should not be used unless you really need it. It must be followed by a fine polish.

That's a good idea - I can probably use the M205 on my 95 Bronco. It's got some light swirl marks in the paint so M205 would definitely come in handy. Thanks for the advice dude.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
I got my 4-3/8" backing plate today from Auto Geek.

Still waiting on my order from Ken @ Autowerkes.... 15 days and counting.. The Race Glaze mitts were out of stock and he told me they were coming in like 3 days after my order was placed. I don't know why he didn't just send out the rest of my order.

That sucks that you have to wait on everything.

That's a good idea - I can probably use the M205 on my 95 Bronco. It's got some light swirl marks in the paint so M205 would definitely come in handy. Thanks for the advice dude.

No problem

california gt

senior citizen member
Reaction score
what did you just order

i recently checked out "Keeping it clean" and damn it, i wish i read some of this before I did my first wash. Any way lessons leaned. Just ordered the Porter Cable 724xp, comes with 4 Lake Country pads, backing plate for 6" pads, and counter weight for 6" pads. Shipped for 155.00 bones. Hope that was good.

It was because of the DKS classes that I took (read) and some of the other info did on get on board. My '07 GTCS will be getting a transformation soon with a the addition of a SunCoast hood which means new HP white paint.

Man there is so much to lean. Thanks much to all!! :clap:

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
This is what I order and use:

z-2.jpg

images

For this:

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u257/UltraKlassic/clearshot3.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u257/UltraKlassic/clearshot2.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u257/UltraKlassic/clearshot1.jpg

:thumb2:

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
I won't take away from the extreme importance that the detailing guys message they are conveying because PREP is practically everything to sheen so definitely listen to those in here offering extremely valuable knowledge and info. Excellent stuff

Now in my case I've been a Zaino user for at least 5 years. I use Z2, Z6, and Z8. Their CS is crap and streaks so don't waste your money.

DK, I have used their ZFX and it is good if you're going to apply multiple layers back to back. Other than that save your money and just use the Z2 and wait the recommended 10-15 min drying time before removal.

Lastly, if you have a dark colored car stay away from the Z5 for swirl removal. It's crap too and will scratch and swirl even more. This is where an experienced detailer or a DIY from these guys make all the difference in a flawless detail.

My $.02 anyway.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
I won't take away from the extreme importance that the detailing guys message they are conveying because PREP is practically everything to sheen so definitely listen to those in here offering extremely valuable knowledge and info. Excellent stuff

Now in my case I've been a Zaino user for at least 5 years. I use Z2, Z6, and Z8. Their CS is crap and streaks so don't waste your money.

DK, I have used their ZFX and it is good if you're going to apply multiple layers back to back. Other than that save your money and just use the Z2 and wait the recommended 10-15 min drying time before removal.

Lastly, if you have a dark colored car stay away from the Z5 for swirl removal. It's crap too and will scratch and swirl even more. This is where an experienced detailer or a DIY from these guys make all the difference in a flawless detail.

My $.02 anyway.

Prep is everything, for sure. I've heard others say that they liked the Z5 better than the Z2 on dark cars for swirl "removal" I'll check it out for myself sometime in the near future.

For those that don't know: Z2 is a sealant. The ZFX allows you to use multiple coats of the Z2 in one day. Without it, you should let the first coat dry overnight like with any other sealant before you put on a second coat, for maximum effect.

With the ZFX you can apply multiple coats in one day. As far as I have seen, it's the only sealant that offers that ability. I used the ZFX and Z2 on my car the last time I did a total detail. 2 coats in 2 hours and it was very nice looking.

california gt

senior citizen member
Reaction score

My $.02 anyway.

I have used this from time to time..........:roflmao:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREfS3lpd6g9b3sqZL3aBKi4qvh9BRxOKCkC2lcu1Fm_I2U0K1c_Q

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
I'd have to get another degree to use all that stuff. Id hurt myself with all that! LOL

Show me the results of such an investment. Pics!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back