What did YOU just order? (Reading Comprehension Test)

RedMustang

forum member
Reaction score
Prep is everything, for sure. I've heard others say that they liked the Z5 better than the Z2 on dark cars for swirl "removal" I'll check it out for myself sometime in the near future.

For those that don't know: Z2 is a sealant. The ZFX allows you to use multiple coats of the Z2 in one day. Without it, you should let the first coat dry overnight like with any other sealant before you put on a second coat, for maximum effect.

With the ZFX you can apply multiple coats in one day. As far as I have seen, it's the only sealant that offers that ability. I used the ZFX and Z2 on my car the last time I did a total detail. 2 coats in 2 hours and it was very nice looking.

Prep is everything, very true. Just like body / paint work.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Zaino Z2, Z8, and CS all applied by hand.

outside4.jpg

Last edited:

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Just tried the Flex out for the first time on a small spot on my roof. CSS Orange with 205 & 105, removed every imperfection VERY quickly. #205 still left no hazing even on Speed 6. I had a small scratch about a 1/4" long that the G100 wouldn't touch with an aggressive pad and #205. The Flex got the job done and removed it completely. It's definitely heavier than the PC7424/G100/etc but not overbearing unless you're a girly man. The controls are very functional and easy to use. All in all, very satisfied with the purchase. I think it's going to get a perfect finish where the PC7424 couldn't and quicker. Winning.

Forgot to mention. I used the Optimum Metal Polish on my exhaust tips. I'm a huge fan! A lot of metal polishes require some muscle to work to their full potential or multiple passes. This polish works with barely any energy at all and on the first application. It's flat out awesome. I used it even inside my tips and it worked fantastic, removing the carbon and polishing it to a mirror finish! I'd HIGHLY recommend you add it to your collection.

Zexford

forum member
Reaction score
Porter Cable 7424XP
2 Orange pads
2 Blue Pads

Gonna pick up some Black Fire Wet Diamond, Meguiars Ultimate Wax and Swirl X this week. Also going to get some gold class wash and a new sponge.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Exactly which orange and blue pads? I would recommend using different polishes. Meguiars #105 and #205 will create a perfect finish.

Zexford

forum member
Reaction score
This just showed up on my door step today, so excited for warm weather now. Picked up some Meguiars Ultimate Wax and Ultimate Compound. I also am waiting for some Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection to come in.

0404112034.jpg

bullitt 736

Reaction score
Hydrotech pads and some MF's

Next week will be spent detailing with some of the goodies I got at Christmas.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

bullitt 736

Reaction score
^^^ I'm sure. I've been using the LC flats. I finally figured out my backing plate will accept the 5.5" pads. It was supposed to be for 6.5 pads so.... :damnit:

Did Chemical Guys change their Citrus Wash? I noticed the label was different on their website than what shows up on Detailed Image. If I'm correct, that's the one to use for washing before a full detail? Oh well, order on its way so I'll polish off the old stuff.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
I'm not sure if they have changed it or not. But, yeah, that's what I use before a full detail. I really like it for removing wax.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Restocked on Menzerna power finish. Very similar to Meguiars 205. I feel it breaks down a bit quicker.

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
That bag does a nice job of keeping things organized, so thanks to your post, I will be ordering soon!

dsc00015oq.jpg

LegendLives

Reaction score
That bag does a nice job of keeping things organized, so thanks to your post, I will be ordering soon!

Sorry about that...LOL here are a couple more pics to seal the deal.

dsc00019mz.jpg

dsc00020ft.jpg

dsc00014nu.jpg

NOTE: You will probable want to order plastic bottles to put some of your product(s) in. Thanks to Nasty this site http://www.usplastic.com/ is the place to go, great low price, good selection and great customer service. I must tell you though... what goes around-comes around, because of DKS I got in this deeper than I planned LOL But it is so worth it IMO.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back