What did YOU just order? (Reading Comprehension Test)

HitandRunDriver

Amateur Goon
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not a fan of the super shiny black tires. A satin black is good and dust tends to not get stuck in it as badly. I'll play around with the Perl and see what works best for me.

gothamite302

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not a fan of the super shiny black tires. A satin black is good and dust tends to not get stuck in it as badly. I'll play around with the Perl and see what works best for me.

Dilute it 1:1 and you should get great durability and not super shiny. Black pearl comes in gloss and satin, lasts a lot longer but requires more prep.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

gothamite302

forum member
Reaction score
1 x CQuartz Dlux Plastic & Rubber Coating (SKY Kit)
1 x Iron X (4 Liter)
3 x CarPro Reload 100ml (V.2014.2)
1 x CarPro Reload 1 Liter (V. 2014.2)
5 x Microfiber Madness: WaveRider (40" x 20")
5 x Microfiber Madness: Dry Me Crazy (25" x 17")
1 x CQ Finest Polo Shirt
(Color: Black, Shirt Size: Large)
5 x Microfiber Madness: Yellow Fellow 2.0 - (16" x 24")
3 x Lake Country HD Orbital 6" Red Finishing Pad
3 x FINEST KIT * V6 * w/ Mirror Hanger
2 x 1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium, 16.9 oz.
3 x Lake Country 3" x 7/8" Hydro Tech Cyan Light Cutting Pad
1 x Lake Country 3" x 7/8" Hydro Tech Crimson Ultra Fine Finishing Pad
1 x Mix and Match 5-pk., 5.5" Buff & Shine Foam Pads
  • B&S Pad 1: Black Finishing Pad
  • B&S Pad 2: Black Finishing Pad
  • B&S Pad 3: Black Finishing Pad
  • B&S Pad 4: Blue Light Polishing Pad
  • B&S Pad 5: Blue Light Polishing Pad
  • B&S Pad 1: Yellow Heavy Cutting Pad
  • B&S Pad 2: Yellow Heavy Cutting Pad
  • B&S Pad 3: Yellow Heavy Cutting Pad
  • B&S Pad 4: Red Application Pad
10 x Tolco 12 oz. Self Cleaning Dispenser Bottle
1 x 3D Towel Kleen, 128 oz.
1 x 1Z Einszett Blitz All-Purpose Cleaner, 1L
3 Buff and Shine 5.5" Microfiber Cutting Pad
4 x Buff and Shine 5.5" Microfiber Finishing Pad
6 x Grit Guard Insert - Black
1 x Menzerna FG400 Fast Gloss Compound, 32 oz.
1 x Meguiar's Mirror Glaze #101, Foam Cut Compound, 32 oz.
1 x Meguiar's Mirror Glaze #100, Pro Speed Compound, 32 oz.
1 x Meguiar's Mirror Glaze #205, Ultra Finishing Polish, 32 oz.
1 x Meguiar's Mirror Glaze #105, Ultra Cut Compound, 32 oz.

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
a lot of pads there, you must be busy.

how are those yellow cutting pads? are they on par with an orange hexlogic? I have had a few jobs that I think might of gone faster if I had something rougher then an orange hex logic.

Last guy had heavy oxidation over cracked paint on a urethane wing on his car that he wanted me to take off. The paint was cracked but it still seemed pretty strong and I was actually able to work with it to an extent. The brown crust oxidation could give a fuck about orange hexlogic and CG V32 though.

btw volvo white paint.

not to go to far off subject but this guy had tried to polish the car himself and fucked, and by fucked I mean fucked the hood and trunk. That was 80% of my working time for the whole job LOL.

Last edited:

mrperple

forum member
Reaction score
1 x CQuartz Dlux Plastic & Rubber Coating (SKY Kit)
1 x Iron X (4 Liter)
3 x CarPro Reload 100ml (V.2014.2)
1 x CarPro Reload 1 Liter (V. 2014.2)
5 x Microfiber Madness: WaveRider (40" x 20")
1 x CQ Finest Polo Shirt
(Color: Black, Shirt Size: Large)
5 x Microfiber Madness: Yellow Fellow 2.0 - (16" x 24")
3 x Lake Country HD Orbital 6" Red Finishing Pad
3 x FINEST KIT * V6 * w/ Mirror Hanger
2 x 1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium, 16.9 oz.
3 x Lake Country 3" x 7/8" Hydro Tech Cyan Light Cutting Pad
1 x Lake Country 3" x 7/8" Hydro Tech Crimson Ultra Fine Finishing Pad
  • B&S Pad 1: Black Finishing Pad
  • B&S Pad 2: Black Finishing Pad
  • B&S Pad 3: Black Finishing Pad
  • B&S Pad 4: Blue Light Polishing Pad
  • B&S Pad 1: Yellow Heavy Cutting Pad
  • B&S Pad 2: Yellow Heavy Cutting Pad
  • B&S Pad 3: Yellow Heavy Cutting Pad
  • B&S Pad 4: Red Application Pad
10 x Tolco 12 oz. Self Cleaning Dispenser Bottle
1 x 3D Towel Kleen, 128 oz.
1 x 1Z Einszett Blitz All-Purpose Cleaner, 1L
3 Buff and Shine 5.5" Microfiber Cutting Pad
4 x Buff and Shine 5.5" Microfiber Finishing Pad
6 x Grit Guard Insert - Black
1 x Menzerna FG400 Fast Gloss Compound, 32 oz.
1 x Meguiar's Mirror Glaze #101, Foam Cut Compound, 32 oz.
1 x Meguiar's Mirror Glaze #100, Pro Speed Compound, 32 oz.
1 x Meguiar's Mirror Glaze #205, Ultra Finishing Polish, 32 oz.
1 x Meguiar's Mirror Glaze #105, Ultra Cut Compound, 32 oz.
Damn thats one hell of an order. Finest so jealous. I guess I'll just have stick with UK. I still have to do the car soon, winter is right around the corner.

gothamite302

forum member
Reaction score
a lot of pads there, you must be busy.

how are those yellow cutting pads? are they on par with an orange hexlogic? I have had a few jobs that I think might of gone faster if I had something rougher then an orange hex logic.

Last guy had heavy oxidation over cracked paint on a urethane wing on his car that he wanted me to take off. The paint was cracked but it still seemed pretty strong and I was actually able to work with it to an extent. The brown crust oxidation could give a fuck about orange hexlogic and CG V32 though.

btw volvo white paint.

not to go to far off subject but this guy had tried to polish the car himself and fucked, and by fucked I mean fucked the hood and trunk. That was 80% of my working time for the whole job LOL.

I have never found the orange hex logic pads to be aggressive enough for my liking and I don't like Chemical Guys polishes at all. The yellow pads are better than the hex logic but be prepared to fight haze of some paints. It's all in how you work it of course. The new Lake Country HD Orbital pads for the Rupes are nothing short of amazing though. Work similar to the hydrotech pads but don't shred to shit in 2 passes. They are soo well built and perform is impressive but they cost more about $11-13 per pad so I only bought 5 of each to try them out. Still cost over $150!

Was the paint single stage? The additives and pigmentation in white paint make it crazy hard (like polishing a rock) and can complicate things really quick. If you come across it again try the KBM with a Megs MF cutting disc and M205. You will need compressed air to clean the pad regularly but it's an impressive technique that gets serious results on oddball cars/paints.

Damn, bigass order.... 6 grit guards???

Turning more toward a production type setup for maintenance washes. I already have 2 grit guards so the plan is 4 buckets (one on each corner) , 2 guards per bucket, Ultima Waterless in each one. Fewer movements, closer access, and more effective use of time in theory, I will report on how it actually goes in real life

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

gothamite302

forum member
Reaction score
Damn thats one hell of an order. Finest so jealous. I guess I'll just have stick with UK. I still have to do the car soon, winter is right around the corner.
The application of C'Quartz Finest = heaven

The look is up to you guys to decide:
de9dcfa52de78e955ca68e964eb62200.jpg

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
I have never found the orange hex logic pads to be aggressive enough for my liking and I don't like Chemical Guys polishes at all. The yellow pads are better than the hex logic but be prepared to fight haze of some paints. It's all in how you work it of course. The new Lake Country HD Orbital pads for the Rupes are nothing short of amazing though. Work similar to the hydrotech pads but don't shred to shit in 2 passes. They are soo well built and perform is impressive but they cost more about $11-13 per pad so I only bought 5 of each to try them out. Still cost over $150!

Was the paint single stage? The additives and pigmentation in white paint make it crazy hard (like polishing a rock) and can complicate things really quick. If you come across it again try the KBM with a Megs MF cutting disc and M205. You will need compressed air to clean the pad regularly but it's an impressive technique that gets serious results on oddball cars/paints

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

3VPOWA

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Took advantage of the Autogeek sale yesterday and bought some Poorboy's Nattys Red to try. Been using Chemical Guys Black but didn't want to pay that much for wax again.

Bullitt 3309

forum member
Reaction score
Picked up some Chemical Guys CWS_801_16 - After Wash - Shine While You Dry Drying Agent, With Hybrid Gloss Technology. Going to compare it to Ammo Hydrate. I was not impressed with Hydrate..

28ONE

Reaction score
Black Friday Orders...

Polish Angel Viking Spritz 500ml
PA UltraRed Prewash 500ml
PA Snowcake 100ml
PA Cristal 50ml
PA Rain 50ml
PA Final Master Polish 200ml
CarPro Dlux
CarPro Leather Coating
CarPro MF Suedes 16x16
Pinnacle Crystal Glass Cleaner 128oz
Meguiar’s D114 Express Wash 128oz
Meguiar’s D115 Express Wash & Wax 128oz
TufShine Tire Cleaner 128oz
Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel
2 Micro Restore MF Detergent 128oz
2 BlackFire Crystal Seal Spray 4oz
25 Blue Edgeless Pro 16x16 MF Towels
4 LC White Hybrid Pads
Sonax Poly Net Shield
Scuff Away 4-pack

Teaser shot - Polish Angel Color Match Cosmic Coating...

HitandRunDriver

Amateur Goon
Reaction score
Looks flawless....

I did a full interior detail and got a chance to use my new horsehair brush on the seats before applying Carpro PERL at 1:5. I'll be doing a second coat tonight but I love the look and the feel so far. Used a sponge applicator and let it sit for about 10-15 mins before wiping with a microfiber. One question I thought of was does PERL replace using a leather conditioner? I conditioned my seats maybe a month ago so it's not a huge issue right now, but in future applications would I want to condition after cleaning the seats, and then apply PERL over the conditioned seat?

28ONE

Reaction score
Nice! My interior is getting the CarPro leather coating. Hmmm, kinda hard to condition something if I have protection on the surface. PERL is not really a coating so my guess is you can still condition...maybe Jonathan can chime in, he's the CarPro expert!

HitandRunDriver

Amateur Goon
Reaction score
I was eyeing that coating too but I'm taking baby steps as I haven't experimented with the Carpro line yet...I'm sure I'll burn through that 1L pretty quick. I have a feeling I'll be ditching CG G6 Hypercoat for this and I'm nearly out of UTTG. Let us know how the Leather Coat works!

gothamite302

forum member
Reaction score
Looks flawless....

I did a full interior detail and got a chance to use my new horsehair brush on the seats before applying Carpro PERL at 1:5. I'll be doing a second coat tonight but I love the look and the feel so far. Used a sponge applicator and let it sit for about 10-15 mins before wiping with a microfiber. One question I thought of was does PERL replace using a leather conditioner? I conditioned my seats maybe a month ago so it's not a huge issue right now, but in future applications would I want to condition after cleaning the seats, and then apply PERL over the conditioned seat?

Most cars now dont need conditioner for the leather anymore. Mustangs come with whats called Finished Leather so it doesn't actually have open pores to accept the conditioner. This is why, short of some very expensive examples, products like Leatherique are so specific. On the odd chance you have unfinished leather (older King Ranch, Rolls Royce, Ferrari, or just some vintage cars) then PERL is not a good option. since this isnt really applicable, Mustangs are best served by a good thorough cleaning and then a protectant like PERL.

Nice! My interior is getting the CarPro leather coating. Hmmm, kinda hard to condition something if I have protection on the surface. PERL is not really a coating so my guess is you can still condition...maybe Jonathan can chime in, he's the CarPro expert!

You wont be disappointed with C'Quartz Leather, its awesome just make sure you get enough, there is a lot of leather in that fancy new Acura of yours.

I was eyeing that coating too but I'm taking baby steps as I haven't experimented with the Carpro line yet...I'm sure I'll burn through that 1L pretty quick. I have a feeling I'll be ditching CG G6 Hypercoat for this and I'm nearly out of UTTG. Let us know how the Leather Coat works!

A liter of PERL should last you a while since it can be diluted for so many things. Tires use the most for me since i use it at 1:1 and do 2 passes. I have ditched Chemical Guys entirely (still have half full gallons on my shelves) for almost entirely Car Pro. If you have any questions at all about your baby steps, feel free to PM or Email me .

Regards,

Jonathan Arrecis

gothamite302

forum member
Reaction score
2 x CQuartz Dlux Plastic & Rubber Coating (SKY Kit)
10 x CarPro Tire "Swipe" Applicator
1 x BOA (5 Pack) Super Soft Plush Microfiber Towel - 16" x 24"
1 x MicroFiber Madness Incredimitt
2 x C'Quartz UK Edition 50ml Kit
2 x C'Quartz Finest Kit
5 x Microfiber Madness: Crazy Pile (24" x 16")
5 x Microfiber Madness: Slogger (16" x 16")
1 x Reflect: High Gloss Finishing Polish (250ml)
1 x Spotless: Water Spot & Mineral Remover 1 Liter
1 x Spotless: Water Spot & Mineral Remover 500ml
5 x CarPro Reload 500ml (V. 2014.2)
1 x MicroFiber Madness Incredipad
1 x CQuartz Leather & Vinyl 50ml

Just a little fun lined for the coming weeks!!

28ONE

Reaction score
Where did yall order the Polish Angel from? Any discount code? Talk to me Goose!

www.polishangel.us - theres already a discount code. If you go with Cosmic here is what you need:

Invincible Primer - 50ml
Cosmic - color match is optional $40 more but worth imho - 50ml

The post with cosmic over UK is very interesting but dude that is a lot of dam work. Honestly, I just wonder if Cosmic properly bonds to UK. They do have very similar chemical make up - UK can be layered after one hour with a second coat - Cosmic can be layered after 2 hours...

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
James,

I appreciate all the info and conversations on the PA products. I also thank you for helping me spend my money .....LOL!!!

I'm STOKED!!!! Gonna bust a shine!!!!!:clap:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back