What do you use to clean inside of exhaust tips??

Xporter

Reaction score
I picked up a set of used magnaflows but inside the tips is pretty gunked up. What have you used to clean the inside of your tips?

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
Simple Green is good.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I tried "household cleaners" and always fought with it... tried some wheel cleaner and the soot just drips right off :clap:. Even better if it's on the foamy side so it clings to the side of the tips instead of just running off, couple spray and let it sit for a few minutes and then just hose it off!

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
+3 for wheel cleaner - Castrol Super Clean used to work very well but I believe they changed their formula some. I also like the stuff called Mean Green, it is sold at "Dollar Stores" and some supermarkets. It works great but is really harsh. It also works great on tires.

gt08vapor

forum member
Reaction score
I do a little detailing on the side. What you need is some aluminum polish and some #0000 steel wool. put the polist on the steel wool and go to town. Can use on youwhole exhaust. works great every time. Simple green is very harsh and can eat the chrome.

Chris07GT

forum member
Reaction score
I do a little detailing on the side. What you need is some aluminum polish and some #0000 steel wool. put the polist on the steel wool and go to town. Can use on youwhole exhaust. works great every time. Simple green is very harsh and can eat the chrome.

+1, I take a little mothers polish with some steel wool and they come out great. Never Dull works good too.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
+3 for wheel cleaner - Castrol Super Clean used to work very well but I believe they changed their formula some. I also like the stuff called Mean Green, it is sold at "Dollar Stores" and some supermarkets. It works great but is really harsh. It also works great on tires.

+1 on the Mean Green being too harsh!! Simple Green is way better to keep from messing stuff up.

The wheel cleaner works well and if you want to get crazy use a small power ball and some of the mothers mentioned above!!

max2000jp

forum member
Reaction score

+1

I use a super fine steel wool and some NXT metal polish. The tips go from being layered in black soot to sparkling chrome. It takes a bit of elbow grease, but this method works well.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't bother..... Same day they will be black again with all the beatings it gets :roflmao:

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
borla exhaust cleaner, haha

amazing shit

use it with bronze wool to not scratch anything. it literally melts it right off

Last edited:

darktemplar

forum member
Reaction score

I do the same thing. Works great

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score

In my opinion there is no reason to use steel wool when there are products out there that will polish it after cleaning with a quality APC.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back