What have you done to your house today

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Hung this stable door today between my kitchen and my dining room. Gonna add some custom stained glass later in the window section.

It matches the half door I put in earlier between the kitchen and the mud room.

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Yesterday I built this nifty platform before the fight so that my theater seating would be higher in the back.

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
Nifty, I'm sure since you were time constrained you didn't get chance to run that cord for I assume the seat under it to the plug

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Only suggestion I would make is to offset the seats so the people in the second row aren't looking at the headrests of the front row seats.

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Only suggestion I would make is to offset the seats so the people in the second row aren't looking at the headrests of the front row seats.

That's what the platform was for, to add 6" to the back seats.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Called my HOA and mother fucked them.

Got a notice in the mail that I am not disposing my trash or recycling properly and that is a violation and I'm subject to a fine.

1. I have zero idea what they are talking about since I am incredibly clean and put my trash out like a normal law abiding citizen. I told them they have the wrong person but said I had debris all over my driveway.... :wtf:

2. My neighbor next to me doesn't get any notices for having 30-bags of dog shit in his drive way, but they mail me to let me know I'm doing something wrong?

3. I was planning 4-5 more years to live here, but now I'm leaning towards 3 more.

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
Called my HOA and mother fucked them.

Got a notice in the mail that I am not disposing my trash or recycling properly and that is a violation and I'm subject to a fine.

1. I have zero idea what they are talking about since I am incredibly clean and put my trash out like a normal law abiding citizen. I told them they have the wrong person but said I had debris all over my driveway.... :wtf:

2. My neighbor next to me doesn't get any notices for having 30-bags of dog shit in his drive way, but they mail me to let me know I'm doing something wrong?

3. I was planning 4-5 more years to live here, but now I'm leaning towards 3 more.

I'd tell them please provide picture proof in the future

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Never again will I live in an HOA, and I actually love mine. Neighbors police themselves and manage to not be complete jackasses about it either; strange how being an adult can get shit done, but I digress.

But all it takes is one or two people to just fuck up life for everyone. Had a couple of guys spending money without authorization; made everyone's dues go up $50. They will be sued soon.

Movie room looks good Taxman.

Bullitt 3309

forum member
Reaction score
Hung this stable door today between my kitchen and my dining room. Gonna add some custom stained glass later in the window section.

It matches the half door I put in earlier between the kitchen and the mud room.

This is so bad ass! I love it! I will be calling you for "consultation" when I do my house!

isthatguy

forum member
Reaction score
you guys must live in some strick HOA neighborhoods, I have never had a letter, or heard anyone have a letter sent in either of the two ive lived. from having my loud ass car and others with racecars, to building whatever sheds in the back, having landscape work done without approval.

I have heard horror stories like yours, just glad I havnt had to live in any.

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Added a wine corner in the dining room. Thank you Pinterest for the idea.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well, I haven't done shit to my house because we still haven't started the house build. But I did finish out all the hard work on my rain water collection system. Have two 1500 gallon tanks that will be fed by water runoff of the roof on one side of the shop. Water goes into the gutters, then into a diversion system which will allow flushing of the gutters and roof before closing off and sending the water to the tanks. Wish I could have finished this out a few weeks ago. But it wouldn't quit raining long enough for me to get any work done (definition of irony?). We have gotten about an inch and a half of rain since I did the gutter plumbing on Saturday. Checked the tanks yesterday and we have right around 1000 gallons of water. Not too shabby! Going to use this as the water source for the shop as well as outdoor watering. Still need to put the UV Sterilizer and filter system in place. And still need to run an AC outlet over to where the pump plugs in inside the shop. But getting damn close to having it 100% complete.

wtank1.jpg

wtank2.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back