What have you done to your house today

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Put together the framework for a new built-in/recessed cabined in the bathroom, then installed insulation in all the walls I had access to, namely the wall between the hallway and bathroom, and the wall between the bathroom and the bedroom next to it.
Reason for the insulation? To try to keep bathroom noises in the bathroom.

Then started hanging drywall in the kitchen:

2015-04-13_kitchen_zpsfqrv3ady.jpg

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
How much is that stuff per sq ft?

We've been quoted from $14 -$20/sq. ft.

I like the 4th from left

Yeah, I liked that one too, but we ended up choosing the one just to the left of it. The one you like is dark green with dark green thatch, which we thought looked a little too green, almost like when you see people with teeth that are overly white. The one to the left of it is the same color, but with yellow/brownish thatch below.

Shaggy

Head PooBaa of the Asylum
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
We've been quoted from $14 -$20/sq. ft.

Yeah, I liked that one too, but we ended up choosing the one just to the left of it. The one you like is dark green with dark green thatch, which we thought looked a little too green, almost like when you see people with teeth that are overly white. The one to the left of it is the same color, but with yellow/brownish thatch below.

Love mine but its an older version. 8 - 10 years old. The thing with mine is that it gets hot as hell(hotter then the concrete next to it) in the summer and the kids can't run around bare foot on it. I live in Arizona so it maybe different there and the newer stuff may not be as hot either. Worth the money spent on it though. I put it in myself so it wasn't anywhere near what you were quoted, but more expensive then real turf. It was $3.75/sq foot.

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
Love mine but its an older version. 8 - 10 years old. The thing with mine is that it gets hot as hell(hotter then the concrete next to it) in the summer and the kids can't run around bare foot on it. I live in Arizona so it maybe different there and the newer stuff may not be as hot either. Worth the money spent on it though. I put it in myself so it wasn't anywhere near what you were quoted, but more expensive then real turf. It was $3.75/sq foot.

It's good to hear that you're still happy with it after that long. The guy did say it would get hot in direct sunlight, but spraying it off would cool it down immediately. Our back yard only gets about an hour of direct sunlight a day since we're so close to the neighbors, so I'm not anticipating too big of a problem. I wish I trusted myself to install it myself, because that would save a ton of money. We're having this company do our whole back yard, which includes turf, gravel, pavers, plants, a drip system, and connecting the rain gutters to our integrated drainage system. I think if I tried to tackle that all by myself it would never get done. Lol.

Edit: Just got the sketch and quote back from the landscaping company and its $2,000 less than we thought it would be.

Last edited:

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Goddamn sap suckers worked over my blue beech tree last year. They girdled the tree and am gonna cut her down today. I knew not every tree I planted would survive, but I planted every tree in my yard and I hate losing any of them.

joeymustang

forum member
Reaction score
Bought my house in January. For some odd reason the master bathroom was all carpet, so we replaced it.
724750053a9cb4f17d12b07ab45c451c.jpg

be8303b0e1a9cbac56982a5b1bc46289.jpg

37bf9b83bc62d56e9634cad55debc099.jpg

Next up is to paint the cabinets black brown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
Looks great!

I never understood the reasoning for carpeting kitchens and bathrooms.

Renesis07

forum member
Reaction score
Almost done!!

b0a47764a1c536109f853694063c069e.jpg

5ff3954cd4277d8cc21685d38eddea7a.jpg

79578f54d6e43679ad4e63d5f1551f7d.jpg

2def1c88fc14a54e6967e55a3b59b76d.jpg

dea15e39155a23f953cf1f19ebebbfc4.jpg

Theres going to be a solid piece of granite going on the lip of the shower base. Still need to install mirror, toilet, and shower head... And finish painting...

Bout another week til I take the most expensive shower of my life lol

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
^ Looks fantastic! Make sure the shower sill is tipped in toward the shower. I put mine in level about 15 years ago and it's been a pain in my ass ever since. Water puddles on it and I have to wipe it off with a washcloth every time I get out of the shower.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Almost done!!

Theres going to be a solid piece of granite going on the lip of the shower base. Still need to install mirror, toilet, and shower head... And finish painting...

Are you installing shower doors or doing a curtain/rod set-up?

Looks great so far, looking forward to seeing it finished

Shaggy

Head PooBaa of the Asylum
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It's good to hear that you're still happy with it after that long. The guy did say it would get hot in direct sunlight, but spraying it off would cool it down immediately. Our back yard only gets about an hour of direct sunlight a day since we're so close to the neighbors, so I'm not anticipating too big of a problem. I wish I trusted myself to install it myself, because that would save a ton of money. We're having this company do our whole back yard, which includes turf, gravel, pavers, plants, a drip system, and connecting the rain gutters to our integrated drainage system. I think if I tried to tackle that all by myself it would never get done. Lol.

Edit: Just got the sketch and quote back from the landscaping company and its $2,000 less than we thought it would be.

Yea, don't feel bad about them doing it as it would be a pain to do a massive area. Mine was simple and flat. If I had to do more, I would have a pro do it.

Carpet in a bathroom is just gross.

Yes it is. I understand if they house was 20 years old, but I know still some new homes have carpet in the bathroom and I just don't get it. :nono:

07graygt

forum member
Reaction score
That is freaking awesome. Now I want to start doing mine. I Was just going to do a show pan. But seeing the floor in yours might have just changed my mind.
Almost done!!

b0a47764a1c536109f853694063c069e.jpg

5ff3954cd4277d8cc21685d38eddea7a.jpg

79578f54d6e43679ad4e63d5f1551f7d.jpg

2def1c88fc14a54e6967e55a3b59b76d.jpg

dea15e39155a23f953cf1f19ebebbfc4.jpg

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back