What have you done to your house today

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
udy7y3yd.jpg

y7agy5un.jpg

Putting in a lift today. Got a smoking deal.

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
Installed a recessed medicine cabinet in one bathroom and new vanity lights in both bathrooms. Pain in the ass since neither had a box in the wall just the cheesy "hollywood" light bars.

Master bath, new light
a4eha6er.jpg

Guest bath, new light and medicine cabinet.

vuhy7ata.jpg

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Jeff, looks good. I found those cabinets that mount above the toilet are pretty handy and have more space than the typical mirrored medicine cabinet.

Yesterday I finished rebuilding my 'pump house' enclosure for my air compressor beside my shop. I built the original one out of scrap lumber about 10 years ago and it finally fell apart a couple weeks ago. This time I sprung for pressure treated 2x4s for the bottom frame.

I also installed a gable vent fan in my garage. My 'garage' is really just a carport that I closed in and the engine heat from the new Coyote is really bad. The good news is that the fan draws a lot of air from the attic gable vent into the garage and then out through the fan so the fan is cooling my attic as well as my garage. It has a thermostat switch with about a 10-15 degree swing and I'm still playing with it to get it set where I want. The fan was only $80 through Home Depot online (not available in stores).

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
We have one of those in our master bath. I love it.
Sorry about the sideways pic.

9aguqugu.jpg

I wish I had a compressor. I'd do exactly what you've done and put it in a hut out back.

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
What are these cheesy Hollywood light bars you speak of? Never encountered those, always has had a box.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

A rectangular mirror/bar with anywhere from 3-8 light bulbs in it. Typically uses the soft white 'ball' light bulbs which are very round and slightly larger than a tennis ball.

Premium08

Need to Get Another Pony
Reaction score
Oh ok those lights, even those usually have a box mounted in the wall. Im wondering if he just had a cable coming out the wall

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
A rectangular mirror/bar with anywhere from 3-8 light bulbs in it. Typically uses the soft white 'ball' light bulbs which are very round and slightly larger than a tennis ball.
Ding - ding! Thanks Brian.
Oh ok those lights, even those usually have a box mounted in the wall. Im wondering if he just had a cable coming out the wall

Yep, just the wire sticking through a hole in the wall.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Inside is done, now working on the outside.

New Gutters, Paint, lights, windows, doors, outdoor tile in Florida Room, etc etc etc etc etc.

This is going down today. It's going to take about 3 weeks to complete - but I am very excited.

10567392_779319022090482_1235914691_n.jpg

10555097_779319025423815_262235937_n.jpg

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
The man doing the work is a Master Muralist. Very talented artist.

The stone appearance is all built up layers....and is hand carved.

The color is added in the last 2 steps, and it's infused into the surface, not just painted on.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back