What have you done to your house today

Premium08

Need to Get Another Pony
Reaction score
Don't know of any remote switches other than the phone app ones. I'm sure there's something out there, but motion sensor is gonna be the easy way to go.

Do both circuits go in the same switch box? Shouldn't be a problem putting it all on one circuit just make sure you isolate both the hot and neutral of the circuit ur not gonna use anymore.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Who can recommend me a good ceiling fan?

I bought a Casablanca one last year and it's just not working worth a shit. The Hampton Bay ones I bought cheap at home depot work great, but I'm looking for a transitional-type style.

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
Who can recommend me a good ceiling fan?

I bought a Casablanca one last year and it's just not working worth a shit. The Hampton Bay ones I bought cheap at home depot work great, but I'm looking for a transitional-type style.

I've always liked Hampton Bay. As for style, it's hard to recommend one without knowing the characteristics of your house/the room it will occupy (door hardware, colors, etc.).

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
This is what I have now

8afc3809b7b9fd46ff7e4ff61c675936.jpg

Yes I have a race car above my bed. Because I'm awesome.

I like how the Casablanca looks but the functionality is shit. You put the remote in the wall and it's too far. Look how far it is on the wall. Lol

53e4023d1c81de6876b553b12ecd4a75.jpg

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
That's one of many crooked things in this house.

I didn't think about that though - will look at their universal remote.

Last edited:

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
Don't know of any remote switches other than the phone app ones. I'm sure there's something out there, but motion sensor is gonna be the easy way to go.

Do both circuits go in the same switch box? Shouldn't be a problem putting it all on one circuit just make sure you isolate both the hot and neutral of the circuit ur not gonna use anymore.

Belkin WeMo is the main one I am seeing but geez $45 for a light switch. Not really feeling a motion sensor, decent amount of wind & animals, don't want it going on at 3am

They're all in same spot, 4 switches in one plate. I'm fine with having to reconfigure wall/plate

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
Met our inspector at the house today. It's still not finished, but we figured we needed to have this done before the builder walk-through on Tuesday. Plus, we close a week from Tuesday, so we are definitely up against the clock.

The exterior is almost done. They just need to finish the edges of the roof, the trim, and install the solar shingles.

The right side is all the light grey color, and the left side is the charcoal color. We didn't pick the exterior colors, but aren't upset with them. The front door will be a dark teal? according to what my wife says.

They'll pour the back patio on Monday, and hopefully install the fence. If not, they will rent a fence for us until they do.

They pulled the paper up so we can get a look at the floor. We like it.

They also started installing the carpet. It's going in the basement and upstairs. Here's the basement. We like it a lot more than we thought we would. We're planning on eventually pulling the carpet in the basement (except for the bedroom) and doing stained concrete. This will do for now, though.

Here's a better look at the carpet. We weren't in love with the color, but it is a durable carpet, and goes well with the rest of the colors.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Congrats on getting close, it must be nice to be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, finally.
Love the super modern look of the house ... I'd leave the entry door white if it was me.
Also, what's with the line in the outside wall, roughly window height, on the light-gray side of the house? They couldn't smooth that in?

mustang1200

Badass
Reaction score
Congrats on getting close, it must be nice to be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, finally.
Love the super modern look of the house ... I'd leave the entry door white if it was me.
Also, what's with the line in the outside wall, roughly window height, on the light-gray side of the house? They couldn't smooth that in?

They are by all the windows. It may be a fracture line in the stucco. Much like the saw cuts or lines in large pours of concrete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score

Thanks, Gabe. Yeah, it is definitely a relief to see it come together. They have a lot to still do though to make our Tuesday walk-through. The exterior is growing on us. We didn't pick any of it, and would have actually liked the other option better. As it turns out, this style appraises much higher for some reason, so I think that helps us warm up to it.

The HOA requires loudly colored doors, or I'd be in the same boat as you. Lol. Oh, and the lines are this:

They are by all the windows. It may be a fracture line in the stucco. Much like the saw cuts or lines in large pours of concrete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
done.

BTW, I'm starting to look more and more at stained concrete for my basement as well.

We love the look. Our builder offered it when we signed on our house, but later retracted the offer because they were having issues with their vendor. Here's a picture I took of the model home of our house.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Good stuff. I'm trying to possibly turn the basement into a car themed room with a big screen. Probably the most suitable place for the engine coffee table I've been collecting parts for, for the last year.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back