What have you done to your house today

i am ryan

forum member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something but I'm not seeing where you would spend $50K unless you just start ripping out and throwing away perfectly good stuff.

Precisely! Kinda like buying a stock Mustang and immediately dropping a couple grand replacing parts that are perfectly good!

Like I said, the house technically "needs" nothing to live in, just needs a lot for me to love it, and spending that kind of money and not loving the home seems insane to me.

Last edited:

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
We did what was supposed to be our final walk through today. The roof wasn't finished, the patio wasn't poured, the hood above the stove wasn't installed, and they were installing the carpet on the stairs as we were doing the tour. We went ahead and did the demonstration parts, and taped the stuff we want fixed, but I think we are going to insist on another walk through before closing next Tuesday.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
We did what was supposed to be our final walk through today. The roof wasn't finished, the patio wasn't poured, the hood above the stove wasn't installed, and they were installing the carpet on the stairs as we were doing the tour. We went ahead and did the demonstration parts, and taped the stuff we want fixed, but I think we are going to insist on another walk through before closing next Tuesday.

That would be a smart idea

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
Stopped by to check the progress before our walk-through and closing on Tuesday.

I think they finished the final exterior paint. I guess they went with three different trim colors. We're not sure how we feel about the trim color on the light grey areas.

Here's a better shot of the color on the front door. I actually like it a lot more than I thought I would.

Oh, and they finally got the patio poured.

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
How much was the quote? Size of house? Shingle?

2,400 square foot rancher (1 floor) ; 3 tab 25 year asphalt shingles (basic), rolled edge (no gutters) 1 skylight and 1 skytube $16,000

Went to the building supply store and looked at better shingles Lifetime warranty Certainteed and will have the new quote on Tuesday, thinking lots more since the guy at the store said these shingles are twice the basic ones in the original quote

Repair job is less than $400 have nails popping up and some shingles went a flying this winter

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
2,400 square foot rancher (1 floor) ; 3 tab 25 year asphalt shingles (basic), rolled edge (no gutters) 1 skylight and 1 skytube $16,000

Went to the building supply store and looked at better shingles Lifetime warranty Certainteed and will have the new quote on Tuesday, thinking lots more since the guy at the store said these shingles are twice the basic ones in the original quote

Repair job is less than $400 have nails popping up and some shingles went a flying this winter

Yikes. I would imagine construction costs are more expensive there than here. Pitch has a huge part of pricing as well. Metal roof? lol

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
Yikes. I would imagine construction costs are more expensive there than here. Pitch has a huge part of pricing as well. Metal roof? lol

It is not steep thinking the rolled roof edge is what is driving up the price

this is a photo of our garage apartment; house is the same and roof a lot older

3Q6J6526-L.jpg

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back