Before

ary5uja9.jpg

After
ju3ademy.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
If you're using a hand held gas powered blower, the Stihl cheapie is about $20 more than the Home Depot specials and twice as strong.

There's about 2 acres of ridiculously tall oaks with leaves and acorns about to drop, and I've found myself clearing off the 200ft driveway every so often, so I was looking at backpack leaf blowers. Something like a Husqvarna 350 maybe.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Had my home water filtration complete unit replaced under warranty yesterday.

New unit below up and running.

Terry

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'd like to get one of those myself.

Jaye,

This is the one we had installed back in 2010.
Hiller Plumbing & Heating puts a 10-year warranty on it.
That includes not just repairing it but Full Replacement if necessary.
I have everything here at home done by them in HVAC as well as all Plumbing.
So instead of them just replacing the head unit which has the electronics they replaced with the next newer generation unit.
(Sometimes) it does pay to use just one company I have found out.

BTW, they work extremely well and all the minerals/impurities that ruin your facets etc. are just completely filtered out.

And when you shower or drink the water it is just like drinking bottled water.

In this case this unit filters all water in the house including the Hot & Cold water faucet I had installed in the garage to clean the cars.

IMO well worth the cost as it actually does do what it was designed to do.

It last for approximately 1-Million & 500 Thousand gallons of water.

We had the old one for 4-years and had went through 247,000 gallons of water.

So in our case this thing is going to last for many-many-many years.

Below is the older unit installed in 2010.

Terry

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is there a filter that needs to be replaced?
Cam,

Nothing to do on the owner's end at all.

It's good for a Million & 500 thousand gallons of water approximately.

As I recall I think when the tech read the display on unit being replaced we had used 247,000 gallons in the past 4-years.

The total cost of unit and installation back in 2010 was $1,965.00 dollars.

Terry

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There's about 2 acres of ridiculously tall oaks with leaves and acorns about to drop, and I've found myself clearing off the 200ft driveway every so often, so I was looking at backpack leaf blowers. Something like a Husqvarna 350 maybe.

I have the Echo 770T and have been very happy with it for several years now. Always starts right up with a couple of pulls and has enough power for most jobs.

http://www.echo-usa.com/Products/Blowers/PB-770T

I also only used canned gas in my 2 cycle engines now. It makes an amazing difference, compared to adding oil mix to gasoline. Shelf life of 2 years and I don't even empty the tanks in the winter anymore. They sit all winter and fire right up in the spring, great stuff. Since I started using the Trufuel, I haven't had any trouble with any of my 2 cycle stuff. The 2 cycles really don't like the 10% Ethanol blended gas for mixing.

http://www.trufuel50.com/product-info/50-1/

SGTguy

forum member
Reaction score
I have the Komatsu EM7001 redmax. Back pack is the way to go, easy on the arm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joe_momma

forum member
Reaction score
I quit using the ethanol blend gas in my small-engined stuff a few years ago. It makes a huge difference, especially on the 2-strokes as mentioned. Started on the dirtbikes and then migrated over to the mower, blower, and weed-eater.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I run chainsaws for a living and keep about 7-8 on the truck all the time although I mostly only use 2. I haven't had an issue with ethanol fuel in close to 10 years now since I switched to full synthetic mix oil. I use the Stihl white bottle mix oil (the orange bottle stuff is crap) although there are many very good synthetic oils out there. The fuel stabilizers included in the high quality mix oil eliminates stale fuel issues so I can fire up saws that have sat for 6-12 months without any drama.

I've heard about the canned fuel and checked into it but the exorbitant cost eliminated it as an option for me. I can't afford to spend $20-30 per day on mix fuel for my saws.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I run chainsaws for a living and keep about 7-8 on the truck all the time although I mostly only use 2. I haven't had an issue with ethanol fuel in close to 10 years now since I switched to full synthetic mix oil. I use the Stihl white bottle mix oil (the orange bottle stuff is crap) although there are many very good synthetic oils out there. The fuel stabilizers included in the high quality mix oil eliminates stale fuel issues so I can fire up saws that have sat for 6-12 months without any drama.

I've heard about the canned fuel and checked into it but the exorbitant cost eliminated it as an option for me. I can't afford to spend $20-30 per day on mix fuel for my saws.

You use your stuff all the time so you would be fine. The problems comes from homeowners that only use their stuff occasionally. If the ethanol blended stuff sits for any length of time it screws up the carbs on the 2 cycle stuff. I had a gas powered hedge trimmer that I could never get to start. I did all the recommend procedures, emptied the tank and such after each use and it still killed me getting it started. I took the carb off and cleaned it all out, cleaned out the tank and the lines. Put TruFuel in the tank, primed it and it started right up. It has worked fine every since, fires right up, no matter how long it has been siting. I know the TruFuel is too expensive for working machines in a business but for homeowners that don't use that much fuel, it is worth the extra cost.

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
Well, ended up ordering the Husqvarna 350BT blower. It seemed to get consistently good feedback from users. I guess I'll find out for myself this weekend.

Now, what's the easiest way to pull up a bunch of medium to big sized bushes? Truck and a chain?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back