What have you done to your mustang today?

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
You totally spent time staging that last pic. I like it. :)

Lol .... a little time, yes.

You did such a fantastic job Gabe.. And I'm sure your fiancee most definitely feels the very same way as well..

-Rocky :waytogo:

She treated me to a nice Mexican-food dinner last night, so yeah, she appreciated it :)

I've installed the bigger rear brakes on both our Mustangs now, I have a bunch more pictures, if anybody has questions or wants to see how the adapter brackets mount, feel free to PM me.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
MY Mustang's turn for some fresh Amsoil 5W50 and a new Wix filter.
Looked up the mileage at the last change, it was exactly 3775 miles ago, almost exactly a year ago.
I'm pissed I'm not driving her more ... will have to make up for that this year.

20160502_LOF_35800mi.jpg

Amsoil5W50.jpg

Kuplex

Software Developer
Reaction score
Took it back to the shop. The 3.73s got some howl in them. Mechanic agreed that's a problem. Ordered me new gears and stuff to fix it. All being covered under their warranty, of course.

BMR Tech 2

Kelly's Replacement Lackey
Reaction score
I got some new tires put on last week. Went from 255/45/18 Conti DWs to 275/40/18 Nitto NT555 G2. So far I'm really enjoying the new tires.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I got my new champion wheels on -- double bead lock in the back so now I can change my own tires in the garage without having to go to a tire shop.

15X3.5s with 2.25 backspacing so the fronts sit all the way to the inside of the fender well. 15X12s in the back, but only 6.5 inches of backspacing, as the car is mini tubbed. Front is still sitting a little high as the motor is not in the car yet.

Champion%20Wheels%201280p.jpg~original

Thenorm

Autocrosser
Reaction score
got new tires installed 285/35R19 Brdigestone RE71R

a bit pinched on the stock 19x9 wheels, but for stock class autocross i am wheel width constrained and also limited by my short 3.73 gears

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
I got some new tires put on last week. Went from 255/45/18 Conti DWs to 275/40/18 Nitto NT555 G2. So far I'm really enjoying the new tires.

I swapped my Nitto NT-555 275-40-18 fronts from the 9" wide rims...to new 10" wide rims. Now that handles a lot better. Still using 555's on the rears as well, with 285-40-18 on 10" rims. Once the 555's are eventually trashed, I will buy 555 G2's. The G2 would be better in the rain, which is where the plane jane 555 falls short. 285's on all 4 corners is another option, then at least I could rotate.

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
I got my new champion wheels on -- double bead lock in the back so now I can change my own tires in the garage without having to go to a tire shop.

15X3.5s with 2.25 backspacing so the fronts sit all the way to the inside of the fender well. 15X12s in the back, but only 6.5 inches of backspacing, as the car is mini tubbed. Front is still sitting a little high as the motor is not in the car yet.

So much sex right there.

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Definitely looks killer Paul!

Johnf78

forum member
Reaction score

Wow!! That looks so awesome!

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I took a moment to trial fit an Anderson Power Pipe. I was concerned with the wider AFCO radiator and SVT Fan in the car that the Power Pipe would not fit. But while it is a little tight it fits fine, will just need to trim the radiator shield a little so the shield will sit flat.
I am pretty sure my tuner will have visions of dollar signs when he sees me coming for an updated tune with this mod. By looks alone the Power Pipe is going to flow a lot more air than the Vortech design.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
I took a moment to trial fit an Anderson Power Pipe. I was concerned with the wider AFCO radiator and SVT Fan in the car that the Power Pipe would not fit. But while it is a little tight it fits fine, will just need to trim the radiator shield a little so the shield will sit flat.
I am pretty sure my tuner will have visions of dollar signs when he sees me coming for an updated tune with this mod. By looks alone the Power Pipe is going to flow a lot more air than the Vortech design.

Sweet! I need something like that for my Procharger,

BMR Tech 2

Kelly's Replacement Lackey
Reaction score
I swapped my Nitto NT-555 275-40-18 fronts from the 9" wide rims...to new 10" wide rims. Now that handles a lot better. Still using 555's on the rears as well, with 285-40-18 on 10" rims. Once the 555's are eventually trashed, I will buy 555 G2's. The G2 would be better in the rain, which is where the plane jane 555 falls short. 285's on all 4 corners is another option, then at least I could rotate.

Yeah, I'm thinking I need to step up to a 10" wide wheel. I've got these tires on 9" wheels and the sidewall bulges more than I'd like, and the car feels a little "mushy".

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
You could probably get rid of that mushy feeling if you went to all sphericals instead of pussy poly bushings.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back