What have you done to your mustang today?

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
The Mustang is finally drivable again!.
Picked up the intake tube, strut tower covers, and the fuse box cover from the hydro dip place a few hours ago, got all the parts re-installed, and fired it up. It felt so good to hear it run again ... the last time it ran was when I brought it home from the World of Wheels show, April 1st.
Had to re-install the old throttle body for now since I still haven't been re-tuned for it, but that's properly scheduled for later this month.
Autocross this Saturday! :)

20160503_engine1.jpg

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
:insane: Boinginging.....:insane:

So hot...

So much sex right there.

Definitely looks killer Paul!

Plus Eleventy Billion! :)

Wow!! That looks so awesome!

WOW Paul, that would give a monk wood!

Concur definitely looks great!

Thanks for the comments everyone. Yeah I think its a huge improvement over the polished bogarts. Just ties together the look of the car much better. The tires in the back are huge, may have to go down a size. They are 30X13.50. Damn wide. I got a pic showing how wide they are, will post when I get home. Actually I will have those and the M/T Pro 315 that I can switch back and forth, depending on the race and class.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Replaced the stepper motor on my fuel gauge, hopefully it will read correctly now! (already verified the sending unit(s) are working correctly).

travelers

Reaction score
I got my new champion wheels on -- double bead lock in the back so now I can change my own tires in the garage without having to go to a tire shop.

15X3.5s with 2.25 backspacing so the fronts sit all the way to the inside of the fender well. 15X12s in the back, but only 6.5 inches of backspacing, as the car is mini tubbed. Front is still sitting a little high as the motor is not in the car yet.

Champion%20Wheels%201280p.jpg~original

That does look nasty. Did you gain any wheel weight with the double bead locks?

travelers

Reaction score
I took a moment to trial fit an Anderson Power Pipe. I was concerned with the wider AFCO radiator and SVT Fan in the car that the Power Pipe would not fit. But while it is a little tight it fits fine, will just need to trim the radiator shield a little so the shield will sit flat.
I am pretty sure my tuner will have visions of dollar signs when he sees me coming for an updated tune with this mod. By looks alone the Power Pipe is going to flow a lot more air than the Vortech design.

Is that intake tube 6" or maybe 8" talk about sucking some air....... Wow, does look good

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That does look nasty. Did you gain any wheel weight with the double bead locks?

Yep they were heavier. Wider wheel, another bead lock, each bead lock thicker/heavier, and the fact that Bogarts are just so light to begin with. Another 3 lbs each.

Here is another angle of the monster tire. I was thinking I wanted a large tire for the "no prep" and grudge events that are getting more popular. But for a prepped track I think the 10.5W or the Pro 315 would be more than enough tire.

ffc007f3-ff79-4253-b526-b27de93ed6c3.jpg~original

176ae83e-80a4-4101-be90-72771f820f6b.jpg~original

Last edited:

travelers

Reaction score
Yep they were heavier. Wider wheel, another bead lock, each bead lock thicker/heavier, and the fact that Bogarts are just so light to begin with. Another 3 lbs each.

Here is another angle of the monster tire. I was thinking I wanted a large tire for the "no prep" and grudge events that are getting more popular. But for a prepped track I think the 10.5W or the Pro 315 would be more than enough tire.

ffc007f3-ff79-4253-b526-b27de93ed6c3.jpg~original

That's funny, your pic didn't show up until I went to post this. Looks good and I thought you would pick up 5lbs. That's not bad.
The other pic just showed up, definitely looks bad ass. How soon will you have the motor back in the car?

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's funny, your pic didn't show up until I went to post this. Looks good and I thought you would pick up 5lbs. That's not bad.
The other pic just showed up, definitely looks bad ass. How soon will you have the motor back in the car?

Well the 3 lbs is for each wheel (not including the tire). As far as the motor, hopefully in June. I can't wait. Basically 600 cid motor with twin dominators on a Hogan sheet metal tunnel ram with profiler heads. Hopefully will be 1200+ on motor only.

travelers

Reaction score
Well the 3 lbs is for each wheel (not including the tire). As far as the motor, hopefully in June. I can't wait. Basically 600 cid motor with twin dominators on a Hogan sheet metal tunnel ram with profiler heads. Hopefully will be 1200+ on motor only.

We're still running screws in the rims to hold the tires in place on 15" wide rims. But we're still just over 1K if we get the motor finished up soon. If we ever got to 1200+ we would also need bead locks.

Hogan makes some nice manifolds. He made our latest manifold. That motor is going to be wild.....

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
Gabe - man o man does that sound sweet. I wish that the GT500's were louder with the factory setup. I love the sound but it just isn't enough for me. What all do you have again, minus the blower?

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score
I swapped my Nitto NT-555 275-40-18 fronts from the 9" wide rims...to new 10" wide rims. Now that handles a lot better. Still using 555's on the rears as well, with 285-40-18 on 10" rims. Once the 555's are eventually trashed, I will buy 555 G2's. The G2 would be better in the rain, which is where the plane jane 555 falls short. 285's on all 4 corners is another option, then at least I could rotate.

That 275-40-18 is exactly what I have on my 10" wheels. I'm pissed that the G2 became available a month after I bought them!

Yeah, I'm thinking I need to step up to a 10" wide wheel. I've got these tires on 9" wheels and the sidewall bulges more than I'd like, and the car feels a little "mushy".

Mine feels much more planted with the 10"s. Now if I could just get my Koni's, LCAs and relo brackets on...

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Gabe - man o man does that sound sweet. I wish that the GT500's were louder with the factory setup. I love the sound but it just isn't enough for me. What all do you have again, minus the blower?

Thanks Dan and I feel the same way, I wish they were a bit louder.
I have the JBA 3"-to-2.75" H-pipe and the 2.75" Lethal over-axle pipes.
Factory headers/cats.
I'm actually looking into what my next set of mufflers will be.
I wish Borla had a set of S-Type mufflers that had about 20-30% less volume ... I had the S-Types on the car and when the blower went on they became so loud I took them off and went back to the GT500's so I could actually step on the gas pedal without being heard from the next town over

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
You could probably get rid of that mushy feeling if you went to all sphericals instead of pussy poly bushings.
There is at least an order of magnitude more lateral deflection happening in the tire than there is in anything else, possibly in everything else combined. There is also some relative yaw rotation going on in the tires as well. OE bushing stiffnesses typically run somewhere in the 10,000 lb/in, considerably greater than tire stiffnesses. Hydro bushings perhaps being excepted at least for slow-to-develop forces/maneuvers.

You can't see any of this from the driver's seat . . . and these are tires that are mounted on "measuring width" wheels, even. Look at the (very lightly loaded) right rear for an idea of what the undeflected shape should look like.

picture.php

Norm

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Thanks Dan and I feel the same way, I wish they were a bit louder.
I have the JBA 3"-to-2.75" H-pipe and the 2.75" Lethal over-axle pipes.
Factory headers/cats.
I'm actually looking into what my next set of mufflers will be.
I wish Borla had a set of S-Type mufflers that had about 20-30% less volume ... I had the S-Types on the car and when the blower went on they became so loud I took them off and went back to the GT500's so I could actually step on the gas pedal without being heard from the next town over

Borla Touring is what you're looking for.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back