What have you done to your mustang today?

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Headers done. Front/side exit--nothing below the car which will make it easy to redo the belly pan and work on the car.

3cdded22-b3b5-4622-b7b3-55e60e98a54c.jpg~original

travelers

Reaction score
Instructions say to clean rust off, wet the pipes, put a 1/2"-thick bead of sealant on the pipe, put them together and clamp them, wait 30 minutes, then run the engine for 10 minutes.
Forgot to wet one side, and I waited about 40-45 minutes, then ran the engine for about 15 minutes.
That's the only parts where I deviated from the instructions.
The side I forgot to wet ended up leaking, the other side sealed up ok.

Took the car to the local Meineke, had them touchup the weld at the H in the H-pipe (had 2 small leaks there), and they applied some more of their sealant to the joint that was leaking, then clamped it back down.
So far so good, I only got on it all little bit since then.

I'm having a hard time getting the car to be OBD-ready for the state inspection, it doesn't wanna set, even after I drove it a couple hundred miles.

And I have a nagging tinny rattle from the middle/rear-half of the car, floor board area, when I hit sharp impacts with either one of the rear tires. I've checked the shock upper nuts, Watts Link clamp bolts, Watts Link bolts to the body and the propeller, LCA bolts, UCA upper bolt.
Driving me crazy, can't figure out what's causing it.

Permatex High Temp Red RTV is what I used. You just smear a little thin layer on and bolt back together.

I'd check inside the trunk in the fender wells and tail light area. Also check the mounting brackets for the suspensions as you do auto cross your cars.

'14StangGT

forum member
Reaction score
Took the car through the Car Wash today. They were offering a special "Brazilian Wax" and when I got my car back, all the carpeting was gone

;)

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Headers done. Front/side exit--nothing below the car which will make it easy to redo the belly pan and work on the car.

3cdded22-b3b5-4622-b7b3-55e60e98a54c.jpg~original

I really like my Bullitt Mustang a lot.

But .............

When I see pictures of your's it ALWAYS puts a Smile on my face.
icon10.gif

It is definitely a Wild-Machine !!!

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Permatex High Temp Red RTV is what I used. You just smear a little thin layer on and bolt back together.

I'd check inside the trunk in the fender wells and tail light area. Also check the mounting brackets for the suspensions as you do auto cross your cars.

Just got done installing the Steeda jacking rails and while I had it up in the air I went over every bolt/nut for the rear suspension, including the adjusting nuts for the UCA & Watts link.
A couple of them took a couple more turns, but nothing stuck out as the definite culprit for that rattle.
Also took the trunk carpet out, vacuumed the little bit of dirt that I saw in the spare tire well, applied some of the soft part of Velcro to several areas where hard connectors were touching/hitting metal, and pushed in all the christmas-tree plastic connectors that I could see, to make sure all the plastic panels are tight.
Can't drive the car right now since it's raining out, but looking forward to seeing if any of that fixed it.

I was perplexed to see the Steeda jacking rails be kinda short.
They fit fine into the spots/holes where they were designed to reach, but there are other mounting holes about a foot further back where they could be attached to:

20170605_rails6.jpg

They did arrive in perfect shape though, very well packed :

20170605_rails1.jpg

Last edited:

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
Got sent updated tune today for wed.'s strip trip-t-n-t. Installed and seems to be all good- ran it up over 140 to confirm shift points from a dig- suppose to be mid 60's for temperatures which is great for this time of year- last good track day till after labor day. Car actually drives very nice with the 2.73's in it. cruising @80 on the e-way is below 2k rpm.

Gab

Bullitthead
Reaction score
Installed MM CC plates and aligned to 1/32" toe in and -2.2 degrees of caster.

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
Not today, but over the weekend I bolted on some horsepower. Just got the tune in yesterday and waiting to get the car out on the roads for the first time as soon as it stops raining.

Please disregard the hideous radiator cover that was the result of a failed DIY vinyl wrapping project.

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Not today, but over the weekend I bolted on some horsepower. Just got the tune in yesterday and waiting to get the car out on the roads for the first time as soon as it stops raining.

Please disregard the hideous radiator cover that was the result of a failed DIY vinyl wrapping project.

You should be drug out into the street and shot. All kidding aside, that is a pristine engine bay. What's your method for cleaning it?

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
^^That is an awesome photo and kick ass engine bay!

Thanks - when the belt drive is added for the cam, distributor, and external oil pump, along with the electric water pump / hoses, etc, I will post up again.

Agreed, do dump to the ground or out the front bumper area?

So the headers have a side exit, on the lower bumper, just ahead of the front wheels.

psf that is simply badass.
Thanks -- I am really getting impatient now, I want this thing out on the track.

I really like my Bullitt Mustang a lot.

But .............

When I see pictures of your's it ALWAYS puts a Smile on my face.

It is definitely a Wild-Machine !!!

Thanks! Hopefully it will run as good as it looks.

Love this shot! Such a badass car.

Thank you.

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
You should be drug out into the street and shot. All kidding aside, that is a pristine engine bay. What's your method for cleaning it?

New parts, lots of plastic that's easy to wipe down, it doesn't get driven in the rain much (because it's pointless to sit in traffic and spin the tires in all of the gears), and instagram filters that blow out the highs and lows and help hide the dust. LOL

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back