What have you done to your mustang today?

tj@steeda

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Just got done installing the Steeda jacking rails and while I had it up in the air I went over every bolt/nut for the rear suspension, including the adjusting nuts for the UCA & Watts link.
A couple of them took a couple more turns, but nothing stuck out as the definite culprit for that rattle.
Also took the trunk carpet out, vacuumed the little bit of dirt that I saw in the spare tire well, applied some of the soft part of Velcro to several areas where hard connectors were touching/hitting metal, and pushed in all the christmas-tree plastic connectors that I could see, to make sure all the plastic panels are tight.
Can't drive the car right now since it's raining out, but looking forward to seeing if any of that fixed it.

I was perplexed to see the Steeda jacking rails be kinda short.
They fit fine into the spots/holes where they were designed to reach, but there are other mounting holes about a foot further back where they could be attached to:

20170605_rails6.jpg

They did arrive in perfect shape though, very well packed :

20170605_rails1.jpg

They are made to work with our 555-5551 (https://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang-frame-rail-torque-box-brace-555-5551.html). No need to make them longer, just extra weight.

The entire side of the car can be lifted from jacking the car in the middle.

Best Regards,

TJ

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Well, I used them today to jack the car up, and they worked great.
One jacking point on each side, 2 jack stands per side of course, car sitting nice and level.

20170608_rails1.jpg

20170608_rails2.jpg

20170608_rails3a.jpg

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
How high can you lift from the middle of the car using these rails?

You can't. You need a jack to lift the car.

Lol, so true, you DO need a jack.

As far as how high you can lift the car, it depends on the jack you're using.

They are rectangular, flat bottom, so if your jack has a pad that stays flat as it lifts, you can lift it till you max out your jack.
If I have to lift the car beyond the standard capacity of the jack, I lift it as much as it normally can, set it on jack stands, then add some pieces of 2x4 wood to the jack pad and lift the car higher, then reset the jack stands to the higher setting.

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
Well where to begin ?? Yesterdays disappointing track outing concluded with the passenger muffler coming loose from the ota pipe on the last pass- drove it easy home and garaged it- forwad to this evening around 6:15 picked the car up to take it to my buddies to throw it on his hoist to reattach and re align the muffler, on the way there the car starts to spit and sputter then finally dies after about a 1/2 mile of this- NO fuel- even though the gauge read well over a qtr tank. Call my buddy and have him bring me some regular gas to limp it to his house 2 miles down the road(car runs on e-85) fix the muffler and then get a ride to my truck and make the 20 mile on way ride to get 10 gallons of e-85 and bring it to where the car is and fill it up then take the car for the 40 mile roundtrip cruise to top the tank fully off. the e tested a true 85 percent. At the begin of the season I bought a drum of e-98 and was mixing it to about a e-90 myself, this is why I was testing the batch from the pump.
Rewind: to yesterdays dismal track outing- gauge read just under a half tank on the way to the track- right where I normally want it to be- well first pass bogged out of the hole and was off a from what was expected, 2nd and 3rd pass both bogged/stuttered then @ 6200 in 1st gear the car fell flat on its face(like it was shut off- But actually was just out of fuel) the rpms would come down to 3400(via logs) then it came back on shifted 2nd gear and 3rd gear at proper rpms. I guess the bright side if any is I didn't melt the engine down, - so I guess no more going below a half a tank and will fill all the up each time I fuel- what a @^&%(*^ afternoon ordeal- 4 hours of bull shit.
on the way home from the gas station run I did a run from a dig and the car pulled super strong and hit it's shifts right on point. Anyone else have any issue after installing a jpc fore fuel system with the sending unit being off?

travelers

Reaction score
Well, I used them today to jack the car up, and they worked great.
One jacking point on each side, 2 jack stands per side of course, car sitting nice and level.

20170608_rails1.jpg

20170608_rails2.jpg

20170608_rails3a.jpg

I though about them for awhile back and with your post I decided to order them. Might be here today. It would be nice if they had two lengths so if you didn't what the torque box options.

Last edited:

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
I though about them for awhile back and with your post I decided to order them. Might be here today. It would be nice if they had two lengths so if you didn't what the torque box options.

Lol I should get a commission!
And yeah, 2 length options would be cool.
Make the Looney one another $20 and give the customer the option.
The extra money would easily cover the extra material and make them more profit too

96grimreaper

2013 SGM
Reaction score
Playing a little catch up here.

The other day I added the first "mod" since buying the car. 5000k led's in the tag and interior.

Yesterday I ordered BMR performance springs, adjustable panhard bar, lower control arms, lower control arm relocation brackets and camber bolts.

Also started the cars first detail. Unfortunately, I only got the wash, clay, wheels coated and started on the paint with a combo of M105/205 with orange and white pads. I'll hit the paint tomorrow with Natty's blue paste tomorrow.

The barrels of the wheels were terrible.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Took the bumper cover off the fiancee's Shelby, changed the oil & filter, cleaned under the hood all the coolant spray from Saturday when the supercharger coolant pump stopped working and coolant boiled, spewing all over the engine.
New pump due here Wednesday, I'll also be putting in 2 new fog light bulbs and checking/tightening/lubing the Watts link while I have the car up in the air

20170612_IC_pump1.jpg

And a before-and-after of the engine bay:

20170612_a.jpg

20170612_b.jpg

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Lol yeah I was looking at that, I'm not done with the car so maybe I'll clean it

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Lol. the more I do to it the more "test-driving" I have to do to it :)

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking about jacking rails for awhile, just never bought them. I should.

I keep forgetting I have a new Mishimoto oil separator sitting in my garage (picked up at Carlisle) that I need to put on the car sometime.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
I know that took a while to get that cleaned up. Looking good.

Thanks and yeah it wasn't fun. I missed a few spots but we can take care of them later.

Just got done working on it, installed the new intercooler coolant pump, installed the (weird) new fog light bulbs, tightened some bolts on the Watts link and lubed the Watts link, changed the tune so it knows the current 20" tire size, and "test-drove" it :)

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Got my new shift knob installed :)

Attachments

• IMG_20170615_151716.jpg
    IMG_20170615_151716.jpg
    440 KB · Views: 31

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back