What have you done to your mustang today?

nyuk98GT

Infrequent poster
Reaction score
8th Steed:

That looks absolutely fantastic! My '98 GT was black and it needed a lot of attention to stay looking nice. Black paint is gorgeous but it takes work to keep it looking that way, lol. Nice work!

fourdegrees11:

Stupid question: is your car wrapped or is that matte paint? It looks great.

Well, thanks to you two, I feel some peer pressure to spiff up my GT ("community standards") and the weather here should be about perfect to get the work done this weekend.

Chris

fourdegrees11

forum member
Reaction score
8th Steed:

That looks absolutely fantastic! My '98 GT was black and it needed a lot of attention to stay looking nice. Black paint is gorgeous but it takes work to keep it looking that way, lol. Nice work!

fourdegrees11:

Stupid question: is your car wrapped or is that matte paint? It looks great.

Well, thanks to you two, I feel some peer pressure to spiff up my GT ("community standards") and the weather here should be about perfect to get the work done this weekend.

Chris

Hmm it's just the factory silver paint. Must be my poor photography skills if it looks matte lol. I think eventually I'll get it wrapped a cool color, but that will be once I replace the hood which is showing tiny signs of corrosion

nyuk98GT

Infrequent poster
Reaction score
fourdegrees11,

Let me remove both of my feet from my mouth. No offense intended to your photography skills -- it's more likely that my eyeballs are not working well these days, lol. In any case, I still think your car looks really great: kinda stealthy, and kinda mean. Very nice.

I have a couple of spots of hood cancer, too, sad to say. I cleaned what I could with a little fiberglass brush [the paint flaked off easily where it had bubbled], primed, and painted it (just touch-up paint) and the spot repairs are holding up OK, so far. I wish somebody had a sure-fire solution to the hood corrosion problem, or, Cervini's would offer a stock-looking hood. Some smart soul will figure out a good solution.

Did you replace the lower grill or is that necessary?

Chris

fourdegrees11

forum member
Reaction score
fourdegrees11,

Let me remove both of my feet from my mouth. No offense intended to your photography skills -- it's more likely that my eyeballs are not working well these days, lol. In any case, I still think your car looks really great: kinda stealthy, and kinda mean. Very nice.

I have a couple of spots of hood cancer, too, sad to say. I cleaned what I could with a little fiberglass brush [the paint flaked off easily where it had bubbled], primed, and painted it (just touch-up paint) and the spot repairs are holding up OK, so far. I wish somebody had a sure-fire solution to the hood corrosion problem, or, Cervini's would offer a stock-looking hood. Some smart soul will figure out a good solution.

Did you replace the lower grill or is that necessary?

Chris

Hey no worries man, I appreciate the compliments. I have not messed with the lower grill assembly, I think it's aftermarket but I'm not quite sure. I had to order a stock grill surround just to make the 7-bar work cause I didn't know the Eleanor grill deleted the surround.

Benwhite911

V6'ing & Dealing With It
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I finally have made steps toward converting my V6 single exhaust to a dual. I cut the Y-pipe off with a reciprocating saw, and got the Pypes H-pipe for a GT on yesterday. I was quite surprised at how much the Y and mid-pipes weighed too. The H and the stainless steel mid-pipes I replaced them with actually weighed less; or at least it felt like they did.

Attachments

• 20170903_101311.jpg
    20170903_101311.jpg
    527.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 20170903_145408.jpg
    20170903_145408.jpg
    499.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
High speed cooling fan wiring in the BEC finally gave up the ghost on the way to my buddies wedding. Nothing like not having a high speed fan in rush hour traffic. Once the car was moving, it was fine. Got a relay wired in to bypass the BEC (between wedding set up and other groomsmen activities lol) and the high speed fan is working again.

Forty61

forum member
Reaction score
Dropped it off at the shop for parts install! Intake, cams, headers, shifter and 3.73's here we come!

teeje

Reaction score
A friend of mine recommended a wax for me to use that is specifically for black cars!! Night and day difference. I bought the car a couple months ago in stock form and the condition was hideous. Many surface scratches and swirl marks. This turtle wax black wax and cleaner did an amazing job.

What front splitter do ya have?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

07Bandit

forum member
Reaction score
What front splitter do ya have?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Not my car but looks like it might be a CDC Classic one in the raw trim black? That is the one in my photo here. It does look like it's slightly larger but that might just be the angle??

buster

Reaction score
changed my engine oil and filter.
Then did my gearbox oil.

used this :

9mBTDc3.jpg

and filled the box like this:

5qP11NN.jpg

rkm0bUK.jpg

Old gearbox oil looked quite clean, but i wasn't sure what oil the previous owner used so changed it.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
Did a quick brake bleed and right side / left side tire swap for upcoming TNiA track event on Tuesday.

Fluid bled out of the 14" 4-piston Brembo front calipers was nowhere near as dark as what I always found with the OE 2-piston front setup previously.

Norm

SkidAce

Reaction score
Finally finished the upgrade. All that is left is wideband and tuning*.

20170912_145157.jpg

*and replacing the non-anodized bolts.

Last edited:

SkidAce

Reaction score
Come on man, wipe that coolant up! Haha

Looks nice!

I didn't even know it was there until I posted the picture.

I don't like that cheap cap, so I ordered a new one. Hopefully not being threaded or seated properly was the only reason it was there.

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
I put a 12# spring in place of my 10#er in my waste-gate I usually run. Hopefully the stock motor's OK with it. But it pulls a lot harder than I thought it would for only 2 more psi.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Pulled out the torque converter from the 4R70. Entire hot side of both turbos had to come out to remove the transmission :(.
Sending converter to CircleD for alterations.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back